Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

81 - 100 of 1465 Posts

·
10,705 Posts
Off topic but related to oil changes. All my oil changes have been done at the dealer, even though I've had 6 wix filters sitting on the self in my garage. Decided at 3500miles to spin off the filter and swap in a new one just to see how well it was holding up. I wasn't planning on using that new gasket but when I went to reinstall I noticed the gasket was so stretched it was sticking out of its groove significantly on once side.

Swapped on the new filter lid gasket, it had a nice tight fit. Got to thinking, my previous car 2.2 ecotec with similar filter only the aftermarket filters came with a new gasket, the AC delco ones did not. Is my dealer not changing this? Does the Cruze AC delco filter not come with a new gasket? As loose an worn as the one was on my car it certainly didn't look like it was ever changed, and I'm surprised it had not started leaking.
On rockauto site one of the filters did come with it and one didn't. As for dealership, they should have plenty in stock. If they did not change it, that's poor service practice. Best bet would be to ask XR what his looked like when he swaps it out between the extended oil changes.

I got lazy and went to the car wash. I get another wash in on Monday with the package I picked. The windows should be good and clean by then. I need to get in and reposition the ATS horns. They seem to be louder than OEM and the pair on the Escalade causing stuff to rattle. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,268 Posts
Not today, but yesterday morning. She liked what she had behind her:

That's Nice Jon . Ya could of told me you were going Smurfskiing , I am sure there are a few of us that could wrap up a few miles for that .

·
Registered
405 Posts
Off topic but related to oil changes. All my oil changes have been done at the dealer, even though I've had 6 wix filters sitting on the self in my garage. Decided at 3500miles to spin off the filter and swap in a new one just to see how well it was holding up. I wasn't planning on using that new gasket but when I went to reinstall I noticed the gasket was so stretched it was sticking out of its groove significantly on once side.

Swapped on the new filter lid gasket, it had a nice tight fit. Got to thinking, my previous car 2.2 ecotec with similar filter only the aftermarket filters came with a new gasket, the AC delco ones did not. Is my dealer not changing this? Does the Cruze AC delco filter not come with a new gasket? As loose an worn as the one was on my car it certainly didn't look like it was ever changed, and I'm surprised it had not started leaking.

Every ACDelco filter I've bought has come with the new oring.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Here is the Amsoil info http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/10-engine-technical-discussion/29009-amsoil-your-cruze-engine-transmission-fluids.html

PM Xtreme so he can tell you his prices as he doesn't advertise those prices outside of a PM or FB message.

I'll possibly wash the car today or at least vacuum and wipe the insides down.

p.s. if we find a thread similar, let us know and we'll just merge the 2.
Can you really go all those miles on this oil? Merc this the oil you use?

IMAG0294.jpg IMAG0243.jpg IMAG0244.jpg
Put these bad boys on today! Blue caps to match the car! Had plastic teal ones before..

·
10,705 Posts
Can you really go all those miles on this oil? Merc this the oil you use?
I'm on the trans oil now and waiting for another paycheck for the engine oil. His custom filtration setup is different from mine and yours so he changes out the OEM cartridge filer before he needs to change the oil.

Besides that, yes you can take the "proper synthetics" into the 0% of the oil life monitor(in the 13-14 models).

I'm sitting up and watching the car that got washed this morning get rained on. Good thing I have a rain or shine card for Monday to get it rewashed.

·
10,705 Posts
Put these bad boys on today! Blue caps to match the car! Had plastic teal ones before..
Not sure how it works down there but the metal caps up here in the north corrode onto the valve stems over time. One of the NYC guys ended up replacing 2 tpms when he did a tire change. Luckily the set I got from walmart didn't fit or I would be in that same boat.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'm on the trans oil now and waiting for another paycheck for the engine oil. His custom filtration setup is different from mine and yours so he changes out the OEM cartridge filer before he needs to change the oil.

Besides that, yes you can take the "proper synthetics" into the 0% of the oil life monitor(in the 13-14 models).

I'm sitting up and watching the car that got washed this morning get rained on. Good thing I have a rain or shine card for Monday to get it rewashed.
Well into the 0% would be 5,000 miles..if im not mistaken...The XL AMsoil says 10k miles and the better one says 15k that sounds crazy! I mean would you and can you really let it go that long?
Im in south florida but a good 35 minutes or so from the beach (no saltwater near these babies)so i dont have any issues with corroding on metal caps. Ive alwayas put chrome caps on all my cars this time i went blue!

·
10,705 Posts
Well into the 0% would be 5,000 miles..if im not mistaken...The XL AMsoil says 10k miles and the better one says 15k that sounds crazy! I mean would you and can you really let it go that long?
Im in south florida but a good 35 minutes or so from the beach (no saltwater near these babies)so i dont have any issues with corroding on metal caps. Ive alwayas put chrome caps on all my cars this time i went blue!
From what I remember, he swapped out the oem filter at the factory recommended interval and kept the oil in longer. I'll have to read up more on that but here is the thread of his current setup.

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/113-titan-synthetics/62465-amsoil-bypass-filtration-kit.html

Glad the caps worked out for you guys, now send some of that weather up this way. Starting to get in the low 50's frequently at night plus rain.

I plan on cleaning out the trunk next, last time I did that I filled 2 trash bags and had plenty of stuff still left behind. I'm sure I have 8pmg worth of stuff in there.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Gave the dashboard a rub down then drove to work. Opened her up full throttle a few times. She loves that. When the turbo spools up she pulls like crazy with a couple little chirps of the tires to show her appreciation. Libby is a happy Cruze.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,414 Posts
Oh -J, you know you wanted to give Ellie a sponge bath. Rub all her curves down real good!

I towed with mine again today, about 14 miles. I'm having a lot of fun with it, I'd do it more often if I could. The reverse parking sensors somehow sense the trailer and automatically shut off when I back up with it.

Oh, and I noticed the idiots at work got grass clippings all over her ass.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

81 - 100 of 1465 Posts