Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1241 - 1260 of 1403 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,936 Posts
Two days ago the gods decided to leave a largish, heavy chunk of rusted steel in the middle of the road during late twilight and guess what... my lowered Cruze was nimble enough to miss the tire but it had to go under the car and with a bang and then a screech, it was gone. Next morning I had three codes as a reminder. I have yet to get under the car, but hopefully tomorrow morning I'll have a chance. I think I may have broken the ground to the exhaust or something based on the codes.

Active:

Potential causes of a P0036 trouble code may include:
Open circuit inside oxygen sensor or open power or ground wires to oxygen sensor Exhaust system ground strap may have become corroded or broken PCM/ECM or oxygen sensor heater circuit wiring has failed

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p0036

Stored:

P0036

A code P0138 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
Faulty O2 sensor
Short to battery voltage in O2 sensor signal circuit
High fuel pressure (not as likely)

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p0138

The causes for a P0140 code are fairly few. They could be any of the following:

Shorted heater circuit in O2 sensor. (Usually requires replacement of heater circuit fuse in fuse block also)
Shorted signal circuit in O2 sensor
Melting of harness connector or wiring due to contact with exhaust system
Water intrusion in harness connector or PCM connector Bad PCM

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p0140

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,199 Posts
Yikes...sounds like it took your O2 sensor (or harness) out...

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Another productive day - even though it was a bit warmer, it was cloudy and windy, so not any better. Either way, it could've been worse.

Got the K&N short-ram intake (with AMSOIL filter and K&N drycharger) installed, and then the Trifecta tune uploaded.

Stock air box/intake:

All installed:

And then a new license plate frame to tie in with the tune (the old frame sticker was peeling pretty good, so it was time):

The intake is crazy loud - the turbo is crazy audible (it was already), especially when you let off the throttle quickly. The tune...I can't say I notice too much, but the engine has a decent sized snail, so it might be harder to notice as turbo lag won't just suddenly disappear.

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Nice.

Is that Amsoil filter dry or oiled?

I’m noticing some cracking on the stock intake before the turbo, thinking of a CAI but I’ve had bad experiences in the past with oiled filter elements fouling sensors.

If there’s a non-oiled solution I may go that route.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
'Tis a dry filter. @Snipesy was running it before he removed it off his car and sold it to me. He also included the original K&N cone, as well.

My dad ran a big cone (stock replacement filter) on his '98 E-150, and I cleaned and re-oiled it, and we never had an issue. Generally, the only time you have an issue is if you over-oil it.

In regards to cracking, the stock intake looked all good to me as I removed it. That said, I didn't look too closely, either. Maybe I'll take a look if I remember. I probably won't, but at least I said I might, haha.

·
Super Moderator
7,936 Posts
Yikes...sounds like it took your O2 sensor (or harness) out...
I think so. Another code was added to the mix as well. Hopefully by tomorrow it will be repaired.

A code P0141 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Open or short to ground in the wiring harness
O2 heater circuit wiring high resistance
O2 heater element resistance is high Internal short or open in the heater element

Note: Typically a failed catalytic converter does not cause this code. You're more likely to see a P0420 code for a failed converter.

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p0141

·
Registered
444 Posts
Body shop called about my Cruze from my rear-ending a couple weeks ago. Needs a whole new lift gate (window needs to be re-tinted as well), bumper cover, both RH taillight assemblies, a bunch of misc brackets and the rear right quarter panel has a little crease in it. Going to see if we can get the RS bumper cover and have him get the RS spoiler as well seeing how it'll just be extra cost for the spoiler and paint for me.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
That would be a good time to do it!

·
Registered
444 Posts
That would be a good time to do it!
Well everything was a go for the RS parts except the bumper is on backorder -_-

I was going to pay for the bumper trim obviously and the body guy was perfectly fine with all that. Gotta see if I Can get the spoiler though, hopefully that's not on backorder too. He was getting the bumper cover as it was under insurance but gmpartsonline.net is selling it for less than he can even get it for, plus $112 shipping of course -_-

Just going to hold off for now. I can get the spoiler anytime and have him paint it and swap it myself so that's no big deal.

·
Super Moderator
7,936 Posts
Well everything was a go for the RS parts except the bumper is on backorder -_-

I was going to pay for the bumper trim obviously and the body guy was perfectly fine with all that. Gotta see if I Can get the spoiler though, hopefully that's not on backorder too. He was getting the bumper cover as it was under insurance but gmpartsonline.net is selling it for less than he can even get it for, plus $112 shipping of course -_-

Just going to hold off for now. I can get the spoiler anytime and have him paint it and swap it myself so that's no big deal.
Unless it is a GM bodyshop, have him buy the part or buy it and have it shipped the the body shop. He can still charge the insurance company for it.

Found this, not sure what your cost is though.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Unless it is a GM bodyshop, have him buy the part or buy it and have it shipped the the body shop. He can still charge the insurance company for it.

Found this, not sure what your cost is though.

The spoiler isn't damaged though so he can't, that's all on me. He's replacing the entire liftgate so I figured while he had it off he could just put the RS one on instead.

·
Super Moderator
7,936 Posts
I was speaking to the rear bumper cover. Did I miss-read the post? I understand you have to foot the bill for the spoiler. I tried to find an aftermarket factory one, but did not see any, nor any on the used market, but I only spent about five minutes looking though.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The RS bumper cover itself is on backorder from GM and the insurance is paying for that. I would have had to buy the black trim insert part that's on the bottom of the cover.

That one you linked also has the rear park assist which I don't. It's got every package but the "driver assist" or whatever it's called. Now that I think about it I wonder if all the RS cars have that package as the parts listings don't say whether it's different. The standard one has a listing for with and without though.

Oh well like I said I'll just have him put it to stock and I'll get the RS spoiler myself and have him paint it and I'll swap it. For all I know the RS spoiler might be on backorder as well

·
Super Moderator
7,936 Posts
Even though that cover has the sensors, you can still use it. You could eventually figure out how to connect them if you wanted. He could buy it and install it and still charge the insurance company.

·
Registered
444 Posts
True but the main problem is it's on backorder with no ETA. I'd like my car back sooner than later lol.

·
Super Moderator
7,936 Posts
True but the main problem is it's on backorder with no ETA. I'd like my car back sooner than later lol.
All the more reason to buy it. You'll get it in a few days, maybe save some money, get the RS look you want - win-win

·
Registered
444 Posts
All the more reason to buy it. You'll get it in a few days, maybe save some money, get the RS look you want - win-win
I might order it all with the spoiler and once everything shows up have him paint it all and slap it on myself. Still debating on not doing the bumper and just doing the spoiler - there was a thread here with a guy who put the RS spoiler on his Premier and it looks awesome as is with the factory bumper. I almost feel i fI do the rear bumper and not the front it'd look silly lol

All my parts are in already so it's just a point of waiting for paint and assembly and I'll have it back. Picked up a 2018 Altima as a rental yesterday and I don't like it at all. The interior feels so dated for a 2018 car. Feels more like a 2010 or something.

1241 - 1260 of 1403 Posts