Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1261 - 1280 of 1390 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
No only the RS bumper is backordered. the bumper for the LS/LT/Premier was in stock. I haven't checked backorder status on the spoiler as of yet. The insurance company is footing the rental bill, $30/day up to $900 total. There's nothing to pull out on, I changed the order to the RS bumper and he called the next day and let me know it was on backorder so I told them to go ahead with the regular one then. Not knowing an ETA for the backorder I decided to just put the factory one back on

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,898 Posts
No only the RS bumper is backordered. the bumper for the LS/LT/Premier was in stock. I haven't checked backorder status on the spoiler as of yet. The insurance company is footing the rental bill, $30/day up to $900 total. There's nothing to pull out on, I changed the order to the RS bumper and he called the next day and let me know it was on backorder so I told them to go ahead with the regular one then. Not knowing an ETA for the backorder I decided to just put the factory one back on
That makes more sense now. What is the difference between the RS and LT spoiler?

·
Registered
430 Posts
That makes more sense now. What is the difference between the RS and LT spoiler?
This is the RS. It's longer and has the bump in the middle

The non-RS cars is smaller and flat

·
Registered
430 Posts
Got my car back today. The Redline badge looks awesome. They ended up replacing the bumper cover and entire lift gate

·
Registered
430 Posts
Got my full set of Weather Tech floor mats that I got for Christmas today installed!

Also got the fog light kit for Christmas as well. Just gotta get it installed and head to the dealer for programming. Surprised to see it's the projector not and not the new kit. She ordered the P/N I gave her which was the updated one for the new style kit. Oh well, happy to have them either way!

Just need to get my LED headlight bulbs installed now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Snagged one of those racer x intake manifolds on Black Friday. Had the time to put it on with the pcv kit. Any one out there install one of these before? Definitely had to make a parts store run. They only gave me two hose clamps and that’s including the pcv kit as well. Wasn’t about to leave the rest of the hoses without.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Got my GTR Ultra Gen 2 LED headlights installed. HOLY CRAP what a difference!

Before:

After:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Got my GTR Ultra Gen 2 LED headlights installed. HOLY CRAP what a difference!

Before:
View attachment 284945

View attachment 284946

After:
View attachment 284947

View attachment 284948
Looking at doing this to my GEN1. Low beams SUCK on it.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,186 Posts
Those look to have a good cutoff. I've been waiting to see Diode Dynamics come out with their SL1s for the Gen1, but they haven't yet.

I'm planning to do retrofits early this year, with LED bulbs (and the projectors modified as necessary for the bulbs), and that should finally make these headlights actually do something. Turning them up a full turn was a noticeable improvement, but they're still not great. My wife usually has to drive around with the fogs on at night, since they illuminate closer to the car.

·
Super Moderator
7,898 Posts
Looking at doing this to my GEN1. Low beams SUCK on it.
You will need to actually buy some aftermarket headlights to make the LEDs perform as they should as the stock housings are not compatible with LEDs.

·
Super Moderator
7,898 Posts
Those look to have a good cutoff. I've been waiting to see Diode Dynamics come out with their SL1s for the Gen1, but they haven't yet.

I'm planning to do retrofits early this year, with LED bulbs (and the projectors modified as necessary for the bulbs), and that should finally make these headlights actually do something. Turning them up a full turn was a noticeable improvement, but they're still not great. My wife usually has to drive around with the fogs on at night, since they illuminate closer to the car.
As I said to Ravenkeeper above, the housings are not compatible with LEDs and that is why Diode Dynamics has yet to produce any LEDs for the Gen I. What are you planning on doing to the housings? I would be interested if you have a decent plan. I have looked extensively at retrofitting, but to get what I want will be about $2000 or so, soooo....Not yet.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,186 Posts
As I said to Ravenkeeper above, the housings are not compatible with LEDs and that is why Diode Dynamics has yet to produce any LEDs for the Gen I. What are you planning on doing to the housings? I would be interested if you have a decent plan. I have looked extensively at retrofitting, but to get what I want will be about $2000 or so, soooo....Not yet.
Not sure - I have a friend that is very well known in the area to do a killer job on retrofits - he's actually done a good amount of lighting for SEMA show vehicles. He did the set of retros in my brother's Mustang (mini H1s), and the turned out fantastic:

We did HIDs in that car, but he said since then, he's found a set of LED bulbs that he is very happy with regarding the performance. Just a touch lower than the 55W HIDs, but with none of the extra wiring. No ballasts, no extra harnesses - literal plug and play. We'll be either using a Mini H1, or the Mini D2S I believe - whichever is the best that he can fit in there. I'll be happy not to have to install ballasts or a power harness on the car.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You will need to actually buy some aftermarket headlights to make the LEDs perform as they should as the stock housings are not compatible with LEDs.
:( I'm primarily looking for brighter/better (lows/HIGHs) lights for current light assemblies.

·
Registered
430 Posts
:( I'm primarily looking for brighter/better (lows/HIGHs) lights for current light assemblies.
Best bet is to get a set of stock ones (or cheap China replacements) from eBay and buy some nice high end projectors and do a custom retrofit. There's guides all over the web on how to do it.

·
Super Moderator
7,898 Posts
A source for parts:

A thread on choices:

An example:

1261 - 1280 of 1390 Posts