Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1421 - 1440 of 1526 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
TL : DR need help reconnecting the charge pipe to the intercooler on the driver's side.

So, I wanted to test the NGK bkr7e 4644 today.. installed plugs fine, coil is new. Cleaned the sensors and used some dielectric grease. In the past, I've removed the turbocharge pipe to the intercooler(attached to the turbo) and found some oil residue but no amount to accumulate to much, cleaned that gasket and reinstalled.

I decided to check and clean the other charge tube, noticed oil on the charge tube sensor before the throttle body, little oil at the throttle body. Holy ****... I didn't remove the bumper, I removed the shield underneath and tried my best.... I failed miserably. I almost had it out pulling it up past the cooling fan, but felt like something was gonna break if I forced it. Cleaned out both ends of the tube and what I could in the intercooler connection.

Get the **** thing back in alignment and this is round 2 of the fun...that fkin clip on the intercooler beat my ass today...I thought I got it on correctly(after about an hour) and buttoned everything back up. Started the car and idles smooth...I'm bnr tuned and a 1/4 mile after my house is a steep hill, downshift and the turbo kicks in and get a hiccup...followed by a complete power loss and the car falls on its face.. any time the boost would build it would fall on its face.

Thought maybe the plugs/springs.. check it over on the side of the road, looks good? Drove into town which felt like limp mode, no turbo, to the auto parts store. Pop the hood and shake the turbocharge pipe..it's not even connected anymore....skies were filled with dark clouds and we had a thunderstorm coming... took half the shield screws off and bent it to gain access... tried my best to snap it on...felt secure...it started to rain and screwed in all but 2 on the shield and went home...it boosted pretty good on the way home but still not right. it's still raining..

Any tips for this clip and securing this?

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,364 Posts
Did you try swearing at it? Loudly?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Did you try swearing at it? Loudly?
o_Oo_O I'm off work today, going to try again. This time, I'll jack up the front to give me more room to work from underneath. Weather is nice except that 74 degrees and sunny feels like 95 out atm 🤷‍♂️

On a positive note, after removing the pipe from the throttle body, it was still clean and dry. No oil residue or a little pooled up by the throttle blade.. awesome. Back to work... hope this goes smoothly

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I Installed my new ZZP downpipe.It took a few hours longer than expected due to a lot of rust on the nuts/bolts, but I got it done eventually.I now have a catless downpipe,exhaust resonator delete and muffler delete.It's LOUD and raspy while still being deep sounding and I LOVE it.The downpipe honestly added a lot more exhaust note than I expected coming from my previous exhaust(muffler and resonator delete).Slightly quicker spooling(spools 200-300 rpm sooner),not a mind blowing difference.I bought it for the exhaust note rather than power and I am not dissapointed as it made the exhaust much louder and raspier than it was.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I Installed my new ZZP downpipe.It took a few hours longer than expected due to a lot of rust on the nuts/bolts, but I got it done eventually.I now have a catless downpipe,exhaust resonator delete and muffler delete.It's LOUD and raspy while still being deep sounding and I LOVE it.The downpipe honestly added a lot more exhaust note than I expected coming from my previous exhaust(muffler and resonator delete).Slightly quicker spooling(spools 200-300 rpm sooner),not a mind blowing difference.I bought it for the exhaust note rather than power and I am not dissapointed as it made the exhaust much louder and raspier than it was.
Nice! Where did you order the down pipe? I know zzp is sold out on their website

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,364 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
My Cruze hadn't gone any further than Chick-fil-A since the beginning of March. This last weekend, hooked a U-Haul motorcycle trailer to it, and took a trip across Texas to visit my nephew and retrieve my motorcycle. Cruze wasn't happy. I figured the fuel was getting stale, and the temperature and trailer weren't helping. Ran the tank down until the light came on, than refilled with fresh 93 octane. That helped, but there was still a lot of stumbling and hesitation. A quick search mentioned spark plugs. I checked the owner's manual, which says to replace them at 60,000 miles. I was at 88,000 and they were last replaced...never, so it was probably about time. I changed the oil and replaced the spark plugs. The car ran great for the return trip, although the added weight/drag of the motorcycle and trailer drug the fuel economy down to levels I hadn't seen since I sold my old Jeep. Upon arrival, I topped off the fuel tank and added 3 OZ of sta-bil.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Replaced and greased the spark plug boots yesterday. Unfortunately, after it was already done, I found the discussion about not using anti-seize on the spark plugs.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Got my new dash cam installed - Blackvue DR750S-2CH. Used the Power Magic EZ that plugs into the OBD2 port. Finally be nice to not deal with the hassle of using the GoPro on a daily basis.

Reactions: Ravenkeeper

·
Registered
778 Posts
Got my Diode Dynamics SLF yellow fog bulbs installed. So much nicer

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,808 Posts
Got my Diode Dynamics SLF yellow fog bulbs installed. So much nicer
I have mine in a box in the basement waiting for nicer days. I have an issue with the harness I have to sort out. I sure could use them now though.

·
Registered
313 Posts
First coolant issue at 82k miles. Noticed the sweet smell coming thru the vents. Pop the hood and found a wet spot on top of the transmission housing directly below the tank. Noticed a droplet hanging from the tank close to that hose. Replaced with a Dorman, pretty cheap and easy. Hardest part was removing the shield to drain the coolant first. Reused the hoses, looked good.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
173 Posts
Replaced my windshield last Friday and today the car wash opened, washed her up and then had the windshield re-tinted.
I've always thought about tinting my windshields. Never have maybee I will on the cruze when I get the windows redone. When I bought the car whoever had it before me tinted everything 35 which is completely pointless because you can see right through it. So ill have the back window done in 5 and the 4 others done in 20

·
Registered
778 Posts
I've always thought about tinting my windshields. Never have maybee I will on the cruze when I get the windows redone. When I bought the car whoever had it before me tinted everything 35 which is completely pointless because you can see right through it. So ill have the back window done in 5 and the 4 others done in 20
Here in MA the limit is 35 and you can't put ANYTHING on the windshield (even a clear ceramic one). I had mine done at 35 and it's barely noticeable. I think I might get it redone at like 20-25 or something and just sign the waiver they give you. My truck was dark (not sure of the exact %) and over the years I had it I never once got hassled for it. I also see plenty of people driving around here with super dark tint

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
984 Posts
Just a quick point to the 5% on the back, I did it and kind of regret it, cannot see when back in up through it at night and sometimes on cloudy days. Just increases the risk I think. Otherwise I love it. And yes I even have ultra bright LED backup lights that help but don’t fully alleviate it.

1421 - 1440 of 1526 Posts