Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1441 - 1460 of 1513 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
165 Posts
Just a quick point to the 5% on the back, I did it and kind of regret it, cannot see when back in up through it at night and sometimes on cloudy days. Just increases the risk I think. Otherwise I love it. And yes I even have ultra bright LED backup lights that help but don’t fully alleviate it.
I tint all my vehichles with 5 on the back dont need to see out the rear anyways. I just put the windows down to back up at night

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
165 Posts
Here in MA the limit is 35 and you can't put ANYTHING on the windshield (even a clear ceramic one). I had mine done at 35 and it's barely noticeable. I think I might get it redone at like 20-25 or something and just sign the waiver they give you. My truck was dark (not sure of the exact %) and over the years I had it I never once got hassled for it. I also see plenty of people driving around here with super dark tint
Pa is the same way with 35 beeing legal but NOBODY uses it and they wont pull you over for it. Everytime I see it which is rare I just shake my head.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Got my new dash cam installed - Blackvue DR750S-2CH. Used the Power Magic EZ that plugs into the OBD2 port. Finally be nice to not deal with the hassle of using the GoPro on a daily basis.
Well I'm not impressed. The video quality at 1080/60 is crap compared to my GoPro at 1080/60. Blackvue seems to way over sharpen their video for some reason and it makes it look bad. I picked it up for a steal though so maybe I'll toss it in the wife's Yukon XL and I might pick up the VIOFO A129 Pro Duo instead. Much better video quality.

The Blackvue 60FPS is actually 62.5FPS too. I have a YT channel that I use dashcam clips for and I use After Effects for video editing. That 2.5 FPS extra screws with the audio timing. First video I did the audio stops or even replays all over the place. Probably due to shortening/pausing/splicing clips together in AE. I switched to the 30FPS mode but haven't tried doing any editing yet.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,802 Posts
Well I'm not impressed. The video quality at 1080/60 is crap compared to my GoPro at 1080/60. Blackvue seems to way over sharpen their video for some reason and it makes it look bad. I picked it up for a steal though so maybe I'll toss it in the wife's Yukon XL and I might pick up the VIOFO A129 Pro Duo instead. Much better video quality.

The Blackvue 60FPS is actually 62.5FPS too. I have a YT channel that I use dashcam clips for and I use After Effects for video editing. That 2.5 FPS extra screws with the audio timing. First video I did the audio stops or even replays all over the place. Probably due to shortening/pausing/splicing clips together in AE. I switched to the 30FPS mode but haven't tried doing any editing yet.
Vortex always delivers good reviews, here is his latest on Blackvue:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Vortex always delivers good reviews, here is his latest on Blackvue:
Yea I did the firmware upgrade and while it's better it's still not on par with the GoPro. GoPro needs to make a dual can dash cam with their awesome sensors and processing. I just watched a video and the A129 Pro Dual and the Thinkware U1000 both look better than the DR900S which is also 4k. The U1000 is $500 though where the A129 Pro Dual is $250. The A129 Pro also had sightly better quality than the U1000 and both had superior night performance compared to the Blackvue

Here's image comparisons from the DR750S and Hero 4 Session both at 1080/60.

Here's the video I just watched and it should start at the section where they compare video quality:

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,802 Posts
Yea I did the firmware upgrade and while it's better it's still not on par with the GoPro. GoPro needs to make a dual can dash cam with their awesome sensors and processing. I just watched a video and the A129 Pro Dual and the Thinkware U1000 both look better than the DR900S which is also 4k. The U1000 is $500 though where the A129 Pro Dual is $250. The A129 Pro also had sightly better quality than the U1000 and both had superior night performance compared to the Blackvue

Here's image comparisons from the DR750S and Hero 4 Session both at 1080/60.

Here's the video I just watched and it should start at the section where they compare video quality:
I have a purpose made camera in my Cruze, but really need to upgrade it. I have been looking at the Blackvues, but I need mine more for security than general recording. I was hoping to find something that has at least two cameras and one of them that could be made to fit inside the housing I already have. A bit of stretch, but that is what hopes are for.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,349 Posts
I bought a new plug just in case I mangled mine getting it out when I changed it earlier in the year. Thankfully, I didn't.

I always thought the 13mm size was a touch...small...especially for something that seemingly gets stupid tight on it's own. Or the dealer put it on too tight. I torqued it to spec, so we'll see how it is removing it the next time.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I always thought the 13mm size was a touch...small...especially for something that seemingly gets stupid tight on it's own.
Is it even 13mm? I was thinking my 1.8's both had 10mm bolt heads on the plugs. But neither car is here for me to look at.

I had the notion the smaller head was to discourage over-torquing. But it seems to have had the opposite result, with even more mangled bolt heads <SMH>

Doug

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,349 Posts
Is it even 13mm? I was thinking my 1.8's both had 10mm bolt heads on the plugs. But neither car is here for me to look at.

I had the notion the smaller head was to discourage over-torquing. But it seems to have had the opposite result, with even more mangled bolt heads <SMH>

Doug

Holy crap, a 10mm would be tiny. My Cobalt, my old Cavalier, my brother's Buick, and I think my Camaro too (or the SAE equivalent of 15mm) were all 15s.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
First coolant issue at 82k miles. Noticed the sweet smell coming thru the vents. Pop the hood and found a wet spot on top of the transmission housing directly below the tank. Noticed a droplet hanging from the tank close to that hose. Replaced with a Dorman, pretty cheap and easy. Hardest part was removing the shield to drain the coolant first. Reused the hoses, looked good.
[/QUOTE

I used a Dorman as well. The added metal support in the inlet is good. But also, the pressure cap relief "channel" drips out on top of the tank when the o ring fails or has excess pressure. Allows a visual.
The acdelco tank channel extends across the top, down the side to the bottom edge of tank on the outside bay side. Could explain many "coolant loss without visible leak" complaints.

·
Registered
174 Posts

I'm finally getting around to getting various interior parts swapped out. I painted/clear coated these first; will be getting to the steering wheel once find a breaker bar to swap the original with the Camaro wheel I bought a while back.

1441 - 1460 of 1513 Posts