Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
2,806 Posts
Reactions: SlyCruze

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,195 Posts
So it seems then that it is a combo electrical/mechanical unit. Do you understand how it works? Mine is purely mechanical.
Boost/vac gauges are one of the few I considerably like mechanical more than one with an electric sending unit. They cost significantly less, and it's not like you're risking a fuel/oil/trans fluid leak in the cabin if something breaks, just air. They also seem to work a bit more "real-time" than one with an electric sender/stepper.

Reactions: JLL and Blasirl

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
2,806 Posts
Boost/vac gauges are one of the few I considerably like mechanical more than one with an electric sending unit. They cost significantly less, and it's not like you're risking a fuel/oil/trans fluid leak in the cabin if something breaks, just air. They also seem to work a bit more "real-time" than one with an electric sender/stepper.
Yep, the mechanical one I had buzzed horribly once I turned the boost up to around 20PSI lol. Now it buzzes in the sender unit in the engine compartment, therefore I don’t hear it. Pretty nifty!

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,195 Posts
Yep, the mechanical one I had buzzed horribly once I turned the boost up to around 20PSI lol. Now it buzzes in the sender unit in the engine compartment, therefore I don’t hear it. Pretty nifty!
That's some strange behavior - I've had the (Autometer) mechanical boost/vac gauge in my Cobalt for almost 12 years and it's dead silent.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
2,807 Posts
Buzzed?

Mine is silent as well.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
2,806 Posts
A Google search revealed it is very common with mechanical ones. Idk.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
2,807 Posts
Reactions: Thebigzeus

·
Registered
105 Posts
Replacement antenna delivered to my box today. Installed it in the post office parking lot. Than a run through the car wash. After I got home, I was finally able to take the winter tires off and put the summer tires on. Finally, I de-stickied the front and put on the replacement bowtie.

1841 - 1853 of 1853 Posts