Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1221 - 1236 of 1236 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
The Bomb's total miles is about 88k, but I personally just passed 55,555.5 miles.
I was able to take a practice pic, but the camera died just prior to the moment with no where to turn off... bummer for me.:cry:

;)
I managed to take a little video last summer when my 02 Silverado rolled over 200k miles (321868km for you metric types).

Also left my car at my local independent shop today. They programmed my BCM for my fogs, did oil and filter and tire rotation. Currently at 11091mi (17849km)

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,547 Posts
Started to replace the wiper transmission for the second time, but found I only needed to tighten the wiper arm bolts :rolleyes:
Also re-cleaned my positive battery terminal - for the third time.:(

087036 mi.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,125 Posts
Oil Change - first one on this car that I did myself. After the dealer raised the CTD oil changes to $99, that made the decision for me (they were at $50 for the longest time, which I could easily justify having them do it versus me laying on my back). Switched to Pennzoil Platinum Euro L with an AC Delco filter.

Also checked the trans fluid on the car while I had it up - had I not done that, it would have been an hour or two endeavor. Instead, it took six. At least I know the fluid level is correct - the trans issues are from something else (probably that it's just a piece of **** transmission). That **** aeroshield is always a nightmare to deal with.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,125 Posts
Because a lot of us live in states where half the year is spent driving around in snow, ice and salt? What does it matter to you how clean our vehicles are?

It's 2 degrees outside this morning - you can feel free to go grab a rag and clean our engine bay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Started feeling a loss of compression while driving so I took my (2014 Eco, 115,000 miles) to the dealer and they told me it needed a new coil pack and they would be happy to do it for $430. I told them I'll pick up the car this afternoon and do it myself for 1/3 their price.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I went to add a boost gauge to my Cruze over the weekend. Inadvertently I found that I had a pretty large antifreeze leak. Actually, I found two of them coincidently. The first one is a very small leak where the the inlet hose connects to the coolant water outlet. The second, I think, is where the coolant water outlet connects to the turbo cooling pipe. It's been a fun day of ordering parts and troubleshooting the s*** out of stuff.

Forgot to add that the wiper transmission has gone out as well so had to ordered one of those also.

67,xxx miles

·
Registered
96 Posts
New clutch and flywheel. 2012 cruze eco with 68,000 miles. Was told guy before me beat the **** out of it. Turns out it wasnt leaking from a seal it was leaking from thre flywheel. Also had the gm valve cover put on. Running amsoil 5w30 now. Clutch is so soft I could push it with my fingers. Car still shifts like a dream

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,547 Posts
I've done a bit lately. Gas hood prop/strut today. Wasn't hard either. The struts were like 20 bucks, maybe 25 on Amazon. Bear universal so you have to drill holes and they don't go right in but I think they look pretty clean.
I thought about doing that a few years back, but the kit was too much and they wouldn't answer my questions. Do you have a How-To: in the works?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I like the idea but hate the drilling part. One more spot for rust to start forming.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I thought about doing that a few years back, but the kit was too much and they wouldn't answer my questions. Do you have a How-To: in the works?
Yeah. I'm going to soon. It's really easy and the hardware total cost less than 35 bucks. Like 25 for the strut and 5 or 7 for the brackets. I'll post it tonight though I do like being the only person anywhere near here with that mod haha

·
Registered
111 Posts
Installed gauge pods for the boost gauge and aeroforce interceptor (coming soon, ultragauge v1.2);

Still waiting on TB spacer for boost line hook up.

1221 - 1236 of 1236 Posts