Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got something to share about your CRUZE and what you have been up to? Do share.

(Every model specific forums have this kind of thread, so why not here?)

Being as thread starter, I'll start by telling that I bought a custom trunk liner from a local specialty shop.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I am dying of curiosity why a custom trunk liner? what are the benefits and what does it do in there? I didn't even know they made such a thing unless you were going for the big stereo

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...it rains "...a lot..." in the Philippines (can you say: tropical tradewinds & typhoons?) and that fibery stuff eventually disintigrates after it gets too wet.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Today was no biggie, but Monday I got caught in the traffic jam from **** in an ice storm in Dallas. The Cruze was fantastic and got me through.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
I drove 55mph to work in a blizzard. on stock all seasons
And I was completely safe, didn't swerve, lose traction, or have any issues. The traction in this car is extremely well done

·
Registered
283 Posts
I got up at 5:30 and dug the car out from under7 inches of snow, cleared a path through the bank of snow the plow created at the end of the drive and then drove my wife to work because her car doesn't have winter tires. My car seemed to weave a bit on the road but I think its because the tires are wider than what my little Echo had. Thanks for the reply 70 cuda.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am dying of curiosity why a custom trunk liner? what are the benefits and what does it do in there? I didn't even know they made such a thing unless you were going for the big stereo
The concept is similar to floor liners except I placed a custom trunk liner on my trunk to place dirty stuff such as old antiques, volleyballs, shovels and my sweaty gym bags... All not to spoil the trunk trunk matting.

For today, I had my CRUZE washed down at a carwash.

·
Registered
235 Posts

the morning after the snow, I managed to dig mine out of this state and get into work. I was the only person in the office who made it in. Everyone else was too chicken.

And I had no trouble at all on the roads, either.

·
Registered
567 Posts
the morning after the snow, I managed to dig mine out of this state and get into work. I was the only person in the office who made it in. Everyone else was too chicken.

And I had no trouble at all on the roads, either.
The road in the pic looks perfectly clear to me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Around here (Texas), that snow would cripple the city, even though it is much less dangerous than 1/4 inch of ice, which we get every winter. We had 14 inches of snow last year, a record, and the first "white Christmas" in 83 years and it shut the cities down for a week. Thankfully, it was a holiday week!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've had no trouble in the snow and ice and have felt perfectly safe. Yesterday my youngest son and I went to Tennessee to see my daughter for her 21st birthday. It was a great drive. I felt like the King of the Road! I was a very proud parent.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Did you guys have any trouble starting your CRUZE in such a cold weather? A friend of mine in Charlotte had trouble starting her CRUZE this ongoing winter.
Not at all. Mine's been started up just fine in weather in the 20s and 30s. Lowest temp was 19F, and it still started fine.

Had a similar adventure this morning getting into work, with about an inch of ice encrusting the car exterior, and ice and slush all over the roads and sleet coming down steadily. A couple cars spun out ahead of me on the way to work, but the Cruze drove rock solid through it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
We have had a couple spells of about -20 F mornings here in Minnesota and the Cruze popped to life instantly every time I started it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've not had any problems starting my Cruze cold either. The lowest it's been as been around 10* F for me but mostly 18-24* F when I start her up.

Back to the thread topic, today I didn't do much other than drive to work. I plan on swinging by the dealership to see if I can't price out some 6x9 Speaker adapters and get those installed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't do anything with my Cruze because I ordered it with the RS package and they won't build and deliver it yet. How long must I keep waiting??????? This has been going on since the end of October!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts