Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
I finally got my windows tinted, 50% (legal) on the door windows and 35% on the rear (not legal but hard to test)

·
Registered
335 Posts
I wanted to change oil in my 2011 cruze but 1st i had to make some budget built car ramps. I used two 2x10 x 8' that i already had in the shed, i cut 4 12" pieces off and then cut 6 2x4 at 11" long and spaced it out like this, works like a charm. Took 30 minutes to build and didn't cost me a dime.

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,781 Posts
Swapped my interior and license plate lights with LEDS about 2 days ago, don't make much sense to take pictures of just...light? but i will take a pic of the license plate if i remember to do so.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
I have been off since Monday so I didnt do a **** thing. I do my 40hrs in 3 days so I can have Monday to Thursday to myself.

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
703 Posts
First fuel-up and wash, removed intake resonator. I maxed the tires a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wondered where the next oil leak will be coming from? Anyone have a list? What's up with these 1.4 liter engines and poor gaskets and seals??

·
Registered
240 Posts
Replaced the front brake rotors and pads, 139,800 miles. I'm sure that this is not the first brake pad replacement. RH was still okay, some wear left on both in/out. LH was........

......ZERO pad on the outboard pad. ?

Evidence of the outboard pad wearing on the disc. ?

The whole LH Disc. o_O

Outboard pad vs Inboard Pad. RH pads looked just like the Inboard pad.

LH rotor & pads all back together. ?

I may be doing a complete caliper replacement on the fronts during my Christmas vacation, next month. :( I was only looking at changing the rear brake shoes, during my Vacation next month.

FYI - RH pads & rotor. Did the RH rotor and pads first.

Below, waiting on my friend to return with a C-clamp to smash the caliper piston back into the caliper housing.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,348 Posts
Just like how our RH side was - down to the backing pad.

Reactions: Ravenkeeper

·
Registered
721 Posts
Got rear-ended by a dump truck ? Luckily it was low speed so minor damage

·
Registered
472 Posts
Did my 15k service today. Oil change and tire rotation. Used the spare to make it easy to flip them all around.
After that did a good multi point visual check all over and washed the car when I was done. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Boy I wish I had a nice warm dry garage to work in?
So do I, not my garage.

A friend offered up his garage and assistance, since it was pouring rain that day. Snowed off/on yesterday, enough to make a mess, and is supposed to continue "snowing" tonight. My garage looks like a storage locker, with just enough space to walk around and get out the Christmas decorations.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,752 Posts
Discovered about 8 months ago, that ours (1.4T) runs like crap on 87, at any speed.
Could be the supplier. I always go to the same station group - 95% of the time and have no issues at all.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts