Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I like to keep things in my trunk like my emergency kit and things for the car however everything is moving around. What are some good trunk organizers out there for my 2014 Chevy Cruze LT?

·
2,168 Posts
You can put all that stuff in a plastic storage container and stick the hook (rough) side of some velcro on the bottom. It should stick to the trunk liner and keep it from sliding around.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have a rubber bottomed Cintas rug I snagged from when my uncle worked for them, it holds things on top way better than the regular spare tire cover/trunk bottom they put. I do electrical work so I used to drive that around with a ton of tools in the trunk all pushed up the the rear seats bought a ranger so the cruze is just a guilty pleasure but that worked out well for me.

is your trunk ready for a net? I believe there's a trunk organizer that fastens to the netting hooks, my trunk doesn't have hooks I don't know about yours

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
I have my Automotive Emergency Bag, a small Suit Case, a box with automotive chemicals, an overnight bag, and a 56 Quart cooler secured by two Cargo nets, one in front of the cooler and one behind it. Nothing moves anymore!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Jumper cables and off-season floor mats are under the floor on the spare tire. My air pump and first aid kit are hooked to the grocery hook on the driver's side of the trunk. For temporary items I pull the cargo net across and put them in there.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,228 Posts
My wife used to have a Thirty-One bag with all the **** in it, in the Cav. She doesn't keep anything in her trunk in the Cruze, and I have the battery jump box held to the back of the trunk in the Cav by the cargo net, so it doesn't try to run into my sub box.

Nothing goes in the trunk of my Cobalt, due to the sub box (I don't have grilles on them, like I do in the Cruze).

Camaro has the jack, spare and T-Top bag. I need to figure out a way to mount the jack to the car, since the factory mount under the rear deck is gone, due to it having a full-custom rear deck.

·
Premium Member
4,140 Posts
I have so many reusable shopping bags in there nothing moves.

Reactions: obermd

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have three milk crates bungee'ed in to the back of the trunk against the seats. I can also get to them from the cabin if needed.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I have so many reusable shopping bags in there nothing moves.
And I bet you're forever forgetting to take them into the store with you. :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have a cardboard box to keep things organized and i put a strip of velcro (the hard side) on the bottom to keep it from moving it sticks to the "carpet" but releases when needed.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've used a cardboard box for years making sure it isn't bigger than needed.
Some recommended items:
-Roll of duct tape (good for emergency hose repair)
-Rag
-Gloves (cold weather repairs or tire change)
-Windshield washer solution
-Quart of oil
-Jumper cables
-Bungee cords (good for holding the trunk lid down when hauling a large item)
-Tire pump
I also save a set of old wiper blades that will do in an emergency if a wiper rips or the blade breaks.

A cardboard box works quite well and the price is right @ free.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I have three milk crates bungee'ed in to the back of the trunk against the seats. I can also get to them from the cabin if needed.
I second the Milk crate, or plastic crate from Target. It doesn't move around, and holds thinks upright. I also removed one plastic carpet clip on each side, and replaced with a "J" style hook from Home Depot. Nuts, Washers, and two "J Hooks". I can hook two bags on the side with the factory bag hook, and another bag on the other side.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I rarely have anything in my trunk. In my 14 Cruze Lt, I had the rubber all weather cargo mat, and it kept things in place really well. In my 16 LT, I have not invested in that, not sure if I will, as again, I rarely use my trunk

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I have an emergency bag (medium size Craftsman tool bag) with some tools, waters and first aid stuff along with a large golf umbrella and a set of jumper cables in the trunk. I have the factory rubber trunk mat, and while it is not shaped exactly to fit the Cruze trunk it does a good job of keeping stuff from sliding around. I keep the umbrella against the rear wall of the trunk just inside the trunk opening and the tool bag and jumper cables against the seat back on the driver side.

The trunk in the Cruze is MUCH smaller than the trunk in our Mk 5 Jetta TDI, sometimes it is hard to carry all of our luggage and camera gear when we travel to shows and events, but I still like the car better.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I have two of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q8PAM4A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They have velcro that sticks to the carpet liner. I use them to make storage areas in the cubby on each side between the back of the wheel wells and the back of the car. These areas make great storage spaces once you put something on the side to block them off. On one side I keep all my cleaning supplies. On the other side I keep some emergency stuff and hats, gloves, etc.

I keep my jump-starter/compressor in the original box. I put Velcro on one side to keep it from sliding around. And I place it near the rear seat because you can't open the trunk if your battery is dead. That's another one of the many great design features of this car.

I also keep a beach chair in the trunk. It slides around a lot. I have a bag full of water bottles hanging from the shopping bag hook. I also have the OEM cargo net that I use for shopping. And a bunch of reusable bags all stuffed in one bag.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts