Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friends love it...they love the color, the space, the engine, the ride, the quality, the leather seats, the windows, the sunroof, the space in the back.,...pretty much everything!!!

AND SO DO I

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have only had positive comments so far from my co-workers and friends.

My only complaint is that there isn't any legroom behind my seat as I am 6'4, but that isn't really a big deal for the 1% of the time we would have 4 people in the car.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
my friends are honda guys and they respect it a little they all like the look of it,and some dude was all over my car saying gm hit a home run with it and all i was pretty happy im glad its made in america too

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...around here, most say: "...nice looking car, who made it?"

..."Cruze" is still an unknown automotive model name to most people.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Everyone who has ridden in it has been very impressed and I have been stopped and asked about it several times already.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's only been 1 day, but those who have seen it have had nothing but good things to say. They are all shocked when I tell them it is rated for 42 mpg. Most of them can't believe I bought it though based on my previous cars (my last three cars averaged 375hp).

·
Registered
235 Posts
A couple of my friends took a while to warm up to it. They own a Cobalt and between the fact that it hasn't held up well in the four years they've owned it, and how bad GM treated them when the Electric Power Steering failed (before the official recall), they were VERY down on anything GM. And actually, it was their experience that made me put the Cruze at the bottom of the list when I was car shopping.

A couple of trips in the Cruze though, and they're actually very impressed. Though they're annoyed that it took GM until 2011 to get it right.

The rest are wowed. They wouldn't believe it's a Chevy if it weren't for the bowties on the front, back and steering wheel.

I've also had total strangers come up to me... in parking lots, at a car wash, and at the gas station, all of them asking "Is that the new Cruze? How do you like it?" and asking my opinion and a whole ton of questions. A lot of people are thinking of buying it but are skeptical, until I give it a glowing review.

Oh yeah... and every time me and another Cruze owner passes each other on the road, it's pretty often that we end up waving to each other, or giving a thumbs-up or something. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
What do your friends say about your cruze? hmmmm well my one buddy said stop copying me. I sat in his cruze once and then ordered one a week later. Other than that everyone loves it, inside and out.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Most of my friends say it is the most vanilla car I have ever owned, and can't figure out why I bought it. I love it though.

·
Registered
556 Posts
It's only been 1 day, but those who have s05en it have had nothing but good things to say. They are all shocked when I tell them it is rated for 42 mpg. Most of them can't believe I bought it though based on my previous cars (my last three cars averaged 375hp).
That about describes me as well....My second last vehicle was a race car with nitrous....man those were the days....but, today I was so happy I bought my Cruze as gas went up $0.05 a liter today...not sure what that is in gallons but it's a big price jump here in Canada....I just started laughing when i saw that at the gas station...now way 42mpg is ever gonna make me sad to fill up at a gas station...no matter what the price.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My friends like it for a good daily driver.. Most of my friends own muscle cars like an 06 GTO 6.0L, 2002 WS6 Trans Am, 99 Firebird Formula, 04 Mach 1.. and couldn't see me driving a 4 cylinder Daily Driver.. And my parents have always had [email protected] muscle cars (my MOMS daily driver is an 81 Stingray Vette, my dad's is a 09 427R Mustang) But they were VERY impressed for how cheap it was, and they say it's super nice for just a 4 cylinder compact car..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Everyone I have showed it to so far loves it. My brother who is leasing a 2011 Honda Civic EX-L took it for a short drive yesterday and said it's very quiet and then said "now I want another new car" :p

·
Registered
67 Posts
i got some comments from some random ppl on my way to my car leaving the mall last weekend. they ask what car it was and said it was badass and looked better than the cadillac that was parked next to it. lol.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My friends and family love it, they love the color(Taupe Grey) and the 2 tone(brick) inside, and the amazing technology inside!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was just a aftermarket part that is mostly for imports, because i had a question about my hid kit and there were like 4-5 guys there. When me and one off them when outside to look at the kit i open the hood and the guy said "ecotec". Then he looked down at the wastegate and said "wait this is turbo" "what is this, chevy WHAT" and went inside and called the other guys to come out and see the turbo.They were all amazed with it and said it was cool that chevy made a small turbo.

·
Registered
137 Posts
ive had more then a few people ask what it was and say the like it and want one then when i tell them it turbocharged and how much i paid they freak and say they are headed to the dealership tomorrow lol

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol...sounds great. Nothing but positive comments!
I hope it does good in the long run!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.