Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so what do ya'lls friends and families think of your cruze. since they haven't been made very long all of them are pretty new looking cars and seems like new cars catch attention of people. do people compliment your cruze?

·
Registered
533 Posts
so what do ya'lls friends and families think of your cruze. since they haven't been made very long all of them are pretty new looking cars and seems like new cars catch attention of people. do people compliment your cruze?
Most of my friends like my cruze. They all say it's really nice and smooth and powerful. I'm constantly getting "oh you should do so and so to it!" Haha. They're shocked at how low the price was for "such a nice car." I've had a few people call it a girl car, but the more they see it, the more they like it and nobody has kept the idea of it being a girl car for longer than first impression yet. My case is probably different than most of y'all's, seeing as how I'm 16 haha :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
10,712 Posts
People secretly hate it because I got it in a stick and they don't want to learn. Besides the seats being hard, they pretty much like it. I don't have many people in the back and when I do they aren't that big. Besides the name Cruze on the back (Malibu and Cruze both sound like female cars) the tail lights are the only thing feminine about the car.

Sent from my iFail 5s

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
When I had my Cruze, most everyone liked it. Now with my new (4 months old) 320i I am in the same club as my son and step son as they both have 3 series cars too. As much fun as it was and as easy to mod the Cruze, being an international platform, I am finding there are even more mods for my 320i.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Well, my dad has a Cruze, so he obviously likes it. He's jealous that I have 18s though. ;)

My mom is considering buying a Diesel. She currently has a 2004 Impala, and there's nothing wrong with it, but she's in the early stages of browsing. We just took a huge road trip in my Cruze, and when we got back one of the first things we did was drive to the dealership to look at Cruzes for my mom, but the only Diesels they had on the lot were black, and she definitely doesn't want the maintenance of a black car.

Of the friends who have seen my car, the only ones who have really said anything are guys. One of my guy friends was riding in the passenger seat and was like "My god, this car is like sex."

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
The first time my friends saw the inside, they claimed it looked like a space ship :p

Since I've had mine, my aunt and my cousin both have LS's now. People usually say the car is classy looking. My kids like the ride, they always go "WEEEEEE" around corners :)

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Everyone loves it and can't believe it's not a foreign brand

Courtesy of Wikipedia

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
My friends are tools and think I should've bought something like a huge truck or a mustang/camaro/challenger srt. Mostly because its not their money

Reactions: spacedout

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Everyone I know thinks it's a great looking car, and my girlfriend is secretly jealous with her 09 focus xD
Same situation here, my 11 Cruze and her 09 Focus! Her jealousy is no secret though ;)

Reactions: Action Hank

·
Registered
533 Posts
Everyone I know thinks it's a great looking car, and my girlfriend is secretly jealous with her 09 focus xD
Lol! My girlfriend is secretly jealous of my Cruze too. She drives a 14 Focus Titanium hatch. She says mines not as "jerky" as hers is (the dual clutch transmission is not very well executed haha). But she said hers is "cuter" (I.e. Girlier) haha

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
The dual clutch transmission in the focus is supposed to smooth out around 35k km. How many miles does she currently have?

·
Registered
533 Posts
The dual clutch transmission in the focus is supposed to smooth out around 35k km. How many miles does she currently have?
She only has about 2500 km on it. She just got it. I hope it smooths out so she'll stop making me drive my car (and use my gas) "because it's smoother" haha. When we take her car I drive it anyways so I have to deal with the DCT quirks lol. And fords annoying new chime.

·
Registered
533 Posts
My buddy hates on it because he's a ford guy lol and hates Chevys!
Lol. My friend that has a 2012 F250; he always gets in my Cruze and hits the hazards to put it in "chevy mode." It's just a friendly joke though cause he's admitted to liking it. Haha. Another friend of mine loves fords but he was like "I'd certainly buy a cruze before I got a focus! This little thing is sweet!"

·
Registered
26 Posts
At first all I heard was Recall jokes from my friends, but the few that have ridden in it love it. Me and the fiancé went to the dealership to trade in her car for one (I talked her out of a focus...lol) and I ended up saying screw it I want one too. So we both got a 2011 LTZ with 31k, Mine in Black with Navigation and Pioneer upgraded stereo, and Hers in Red minus those two options. We haven't looked back and love these things.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
My friends all say they love it.

I told my coworkers I was considering buying the Cruze and they all tried to talk me into buying Japanese. Now they always come to my office to tell me about the latest recalls. The few that have been in it say they can't believe how nice it is. I used the on-star directions once to find a restaurant and one coworker was so impressed that he is considering Chevy's now. And another coworker is now seriously considering a Volt because he liked the Cruze so much.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.