Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if this has already been asked. I searched the forums and didn't see this anywhere.

I have been wondering if LT is an acronym. And what do LTZ, RS, SS and LS stand for? Or are they just generic letters?

My my first guess is that LT stands for Little Turbo, and LTZ stands for Little Turbo Zoom. Am I close?

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Luxury Touring sound like something from the 1930s. Maybe LC for luxury commute would be better today.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Cut the bottom of the L off and you have an IT !

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
No dawg like Cruzen IT !

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
That's Nice ! We need more Cruzen ' s on the Road . Put me N on months ago .

Reactions: Sunline Fan

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Kind of like D-Day, D has no meaning other than the first letter of day, or like W-week, M-Month, or Y-Year. Actually the guy that came up with d-day, stuttered. But somebody thought it was cool.

Have not idea what LS to LTZ stands for, but sure know the difference between options and price.

Some think LS stands for Limited Stuff. Only significance of T, it alphabetically follows S. Logically, next model up should be an LU, but some higher up said let's put 1, 2, 3, 4 in front of it. Z has it all.

Really want to be bored, attend a marketing meeting. These guys can go on for hours with nothing else better to do.

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This question was still bugging me, so I did some web image searching. I found out that these letters did mean something to Chevrolet at one time, even if they are just model letters today. I like knowing that there is some history to these designation. It's cool that Chevy is keeping a little history alive.

Here are the best images I could find. I tried to clean them up a little with Photoshop.

LS = Luxury Sport. This is an emblem from a 1980s Monte Carlo
View attachment 95490

LT = Luxury Touring. This is an emblem from a 1990s Astro Van
View attachment 95498

RS = Rally Sport. This is and emblem from a '68 Camaro
View attachment 95506

SS = Super Sport. This is an emblem from a '67 Chevelle.
View attachment 95514

I don't know what LTZ stands for. Someone on the web said it means Limited Touring with Zing. LOL. I hope that 40 years from now Chevy still uses the Cruze name.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Use to be Standard, then deluxe, then no more standard, deluxe, and special deluxe. Then no more deluxe, special deluxe and super deluxe.

Our first choice was to purchase an Eco that I believe is short for ecologist, was a bit hesitant to have Eco associated with me, as any ecologist I met was a nut. But when we were told the only way we could get a real spare tire was to buy one with an automatic, that was an automatic NO!

From history, really don't have to go to an insane asylum to visit fruitcakes, just go to marketing.

·
Registered
280 Posts
They are simply trim levels. The letters do not actually represent anything. LS= base model, LT= mid level, LTZ= top trim level, RS= Rally Sport, and SS= Super Sport. Back 10 years ago or so, LS would equal cloth interior, and anything with an LT trim got leather seating. Lately though, I have seen a few cars with 1LT trim that you could get cloth seating, but when you go to 2LT, they are all leather from that point up.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
LT =

Like Titties
Little Turbo
Left Turn
Like Turtles
Lip Touching
Left Taunting
Little Tarantulas
Little Tailpipe

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts
LT =

Like Titties
Little Turbo
Left Turn
Like Turtles
Lip Touching
Left Taunting
Little Tarantulas
Little Tailpipe
So turn the "1" into an "I" and my 1LT means...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts