Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Are you truly intrested with an emission friendly version

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So there is a tune coming out in the next 30-60 days i along with a few people are testing now. the stick version has been testing for about 2 weeks The auto version(mine) will start testing next week

This is for the 1.6 for the cruze AND equinox

The company is known and has been dependable and positive. Gauging intrest and spreading the word

As of now this is a EMMISIONS friendly tune but addresses a few issues INCLUDING the dead pedal. This will have Better driveability and mpg

Also in the r& d. Is.

Carbon intake
Catch can
Banks i dash

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I am interested in a emissions friendly tune. I have the 9spd auto.

Any idea if this tune can or will do anything for the auto stop/start? A dissable option would be nice.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea if this tune can or will do anything for the auto stop/start? A dissable option would be nice.

Not yet. That is controlled through the bcm from what i understand but its on the drawing board

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,307 Posts
I have a Gen 1, but the same opinion applies - emissions friendly tunes are always a good choice - our CTD's Trifecta tune is.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am very interested. I have a 6 speed so please let me know as soon as its available. I would also be willing to be a test subject,

·
Registered
620 Posts
If you are going to leave the OEM DPF in place, all tunes are "emissions friendly" for soot. Any excess soot created (and it can be a LOT) will be captured by the DPF, but you will have to deal with more frequent regen cycles if you are heavy with the accelerator pedal.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Getting there

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am very interested. I have a 6 speed so please let me know as soon as its available. I would also be willing to be a test subject,
There is a tester for a
cruze stick
Cruze auto
Equniox auto

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,307 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All done definently an improvement tomorrow will be my long commute and will see how she does

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
123 Posts
I’m very interested in the numbers and what kind of supporting hardware might be needed or beneficial

The only thing that concerns me is the more frequent regents and slight negative impact on the environment but all in all this is very exciting news

Are there power and economy tunes? What kind of hardware is needed? And how (if at all) could this affect a warranty? I have a third party warranty on the car from CNA and saw nothing explicit for being denied coverage due to tuning but there are several pages of fine print

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As of now its stock and a mild emission tune (we are thinking 20hp) i needed to down load efi live. And buy a handheld controller. Also pay 50.00 for efi to crack the ecm code.

I will be buying a banks idash. To monitor points. Until then i have my snapon scanner to watch soot levels and regens

As with any tune you do risk warranty issues but there are tunes that wont flag the flash counter

So far throttle response is much improved
A few bugs but thats what the testing is for minor things

There will be multiple data logs and tweaks

·
Premium Member
2015 Cruze LT 1.4, aka Yuffie, aka RecklessRed
240 Posts
Hmmm. Efi live spins up a virtual machine... Probably running Linux. That is cool.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Count me in. I don't want to modify any emissions equipment or void any warranties -- at least not obviously. I'd love to squeeze out more MPGs.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thats what this week weare working on
to trim the fat below 5 psi of boost under part throttle

1 - 20 of 50 Posts