Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Are you truly intrested with an emission friendly version

• Total voters
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yea so far efi has been good to.use on the laptop even with my limited program experience

·
Registered
72 Posts
I too am very interested in this considering it retains the emissions stuff. I’d love to know what kind of effect on mpg you could be looking at with the tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
291 Posts
Totally depends on cost.
Im in the north where the maple syrup flows so I may be effected by warranty alot more than the USA is.
I am very interested though.
9 spd/auto.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would be interested in a mpg tune if the price is reasonable. Is the manual transmission tester on the forum as well? I'd like to hear their thoughts on the difference so far.

Thanks!

Chad

·
Registered
18 Posts
For me, I dont want to disable any of the emissions systems, but I would like to disable the countdown, If something goes wrong with the DEF system, I am going to fix it, but if I am on a long trip, its not going to happen until I get home. If there is a tune that would increase MPGs I would go for that, as long as it does not increase emissions, if lowering the EGR use increases efficiency but also increases NOX then the SCR system would have to be increased to compensate. I know that would use more DEF but im ok with that.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The main reason our cars produce soot is because of incomplete combustion due to lack of fresh air, EGR causes this.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hey any chance there could be a def dpf and egr delete in the future ?
For the DPF delete you're going to have to find someone that will make you a straight pipe to replace the DPF, complete with all the bungs to keep the relevant sensors in the exhaust stream.

I believe the Gen1 tune functioned like this. It worked fine with a DPF because the code for monitoring back pressure and doing regen cycles was still there. For the highest HP boost they warned you that repeated full-throttle runs could clog the DPF and damage it. If you bought the straight pipe that was offered, you could just remove the DPF and the tuned ECU would just ignore the lack of any backpressure.

Try that with the stock engine tune and it will immediately throw a check engine light because the stock code expects there to be a DPF in the exhaust stream.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Quick update so far its running nicely needed to tweak a few items but nothing big. From what i understand everyone is waiting to see what happens with the rpm act once that passes then other tunes will become available. Keeping fingers crossed.

I need to either buy a banks idash. Or buy the added pids for my torque pro so i can take vids to post.

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.6 L TD 9T50
20 Posts
Quick update so far its running nicely needed to tweak a few items but nothing big. From what i understand everyone is waiting to see what happens with the rpm act once that passes then other tunes will become available. Keeping fingers crossed.

I need to either buy a banks idash. Or buy the added pids for my torque pro so i can take vids to post.
Any updates on this? HP/Torque/MPG's? Anticipation of a tune for this engine is why I bought it! Looking forward to your progress!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Sorry been busy

Just installed rev 3 of the toon. Rev 2 was running rich causing more regens

Rev 3 so far is giving the power when needed but not running rich like it was

Egt has been great nox has been good boost is nice so its getting there

21 - 32 of 32 Posts