Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was also wondering this, I will enter sometime if they bring this back!

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
They got SMURFED !

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
They'll be back but what we see is the first couple of months there's huge participation and then it dies off and you only end up with a couple dozen votes. So we let it rest for a few months.

·
Registered
742 Posts
yea the last one they never even declared a winner between a tie.... It would be good to get going again since a lot of new members have been joining.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
It became a competition of mostly whose car has been changed the most appearance wise. Shoulda been sponsored by Plastidip. I stopped participating and I imagine others gave up too.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
It became a competition of mostly whose car has been changed the most appearance wise. Shoulda been sponsored by Plastidip. I stopped participating and I imagine others gave up too.
I stopped participating when people enter a bone stock car and WIN!! If I wanted to see a bone stock cruze with tinted windows I would walk out of my office door and look at the 40 cars on my lot. It should be about creativity..

And cue comments from smurf..

Reactions: Merc6

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I stopped participating when people enter a bone stock car and WIN!! If I wanted to see a bone stock cruze with tinted windows I would walk out of my office door and look at the 40 cars on my lot. It should be about creativity..

Since the point was that anyone could win, and since the Community voted the winner, then I don't see why this is an issue.

Looks like you two have completely opposite opinions here, so which is it actually? Again, since it is voted by the community, the vote can sway based upon who actually votes and what their personal preference is, and also whatever mood they may be in at the time. Instead of just complaining about how it is, maybe come up with a suggestion on how it could be improved?

Both of these center around the COTM, but what about MOTM?

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Like I wrote they were SMURFED and you need to get with the Resident Derp to set the Ball rolling the first of every month for the few of us members that actually do participate for those threads to continue . I really do think that JON and AP cruze deserve a bit of credit for they're artistic touches to they're cruzens they both have good taste . And you know as well as anyone that peoples feelings get hurt .

So get busy with it !

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Looks like you two have completely opposite opinions here, so which is it actually? Again, since it is voted by the community, the vote can sway based upon who actually votes and what their personal preference is, and also whatever mood they may be in at the time. Instead of just complaining about how it is, maybe come up with a suggestion on how it could be improved?

Both of these center around the COTM, but what about MOTM?
Not necessarily. Being modified (and I use that loosely) with plastidip on an otherwise nearly stock car changes the appearance significantly. Casey and I both have significant non-appearance mods, but it seems most voters don't know what they all are/value them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Not necessarily. Being modified (and I use that loosely) with plastidip on an otherwise nearly stock car changes the appearance significantly. Casey and I both have significant non-appearance mods, but it seems most voters don't know what they all are/value them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Agree 100%

Reactions: trevor_geiger

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Like I wrote they were SMURFED and you need to get with the Resident Derp to set the Ball rolling the first of every month for the few of us members that actually do participate for those threads to continue .
I heard ya :p

Unfortunately, it seems there is a common opinion of these cars is to not modify them for performance. Just look at the all the threads & posts about why modify the car. I have posted a few times in regards to the whole "why the heck do you want to modify an economy car, it will never be fast" attitude.

Maybe having the community vote for COTM is the wrong idea. Since it is all subjective to personal likes/dislikes. A suggestion might be just a MOTM instead?

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I vary rarely voted for just cosmetics in COTM. In fact there are some cosmetic modifications that immediately nixed a car for me.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Once it does get revived I would recommend an all members notification (PM) of the active thread and encouragement of voting for a winner. It doesn't have to be to the point where members are getting spammed. Once the field is set. Three PM's per period.

1st PM announcing the contenders and the closing date of the voting
2nd PM announcing the status of the current field and xx days left to vote
3rd PM announcing the status of the current field and 0 days to vote.

I think the lack of voting and low participation is an indirect result of the board gaining in popularity along with new threads and new members. I believe that the threads tend to get buried in with all of the other activity. I navigate the forum by utilizing the "What's New" feature so I can see everything current within the past 48 hours. However if you're a new member who likes to hang out in the GF, you may never see the threads.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts

These are the 2 arguments I've always seen regarding the cotm.

And this is the answer to both

Since the point was that anyone could win, and since the Community voted the winner, then I don't see why this is an issue.

We need to remember that the cotm is a good thing for the forum. It's not a car show and it's not a popularity contest. Although having a car that fits either criteria definitely helps.

You shouldn't, not participate because you don't agree with the winner. Everyone has different tastes and not everyone has a ton of money to be dumping into their car.
So if you don't win, there's always next month.

So let's support the community, not just the car you like.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Sup **** , well as you wrote support the community that reads as though you are the Mod to help Dragonsys get the Ball rolling again with COTM & MOTM .

I will be expecting a new line up for the month of June !

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I navigate the forum by utilizing the "What's New" feature so I can see everything current within the past 48 hours.
This is pretty much how I work it here as well.

Once it does get revived I would recommend an all members notification (PM) of the active thread and encouragement of voting for a winner. It doesn't have to be to the point where members are getting spammed. Once the field is set. Three PM's per period.
Might not be a bad idea, but I think 1 PM would probably suffice.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.