Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So seems a fun thread to help vent what government BS has you ticked off at the moment. Either it be corona response, huge wast of taxpayers funds, why you didn’t get what you’re promised and such.

·
Administrator
25,372 Posts
The media's parroting of the Chinese Government's party line.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The media's parroting of the Chinese Government's party line.
To be fair this has been going on for a good while I think. Honestly the media response has made this virus way worse. The media this time literally has made more work for me at the hospital.

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
$1,200 for my freedom...no thanks.

Fix the F’n potholes thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$1,200 for my freedom...no thanks.

Fix the F’n potholes thank you.
At least this time WE are not paying to lose our freedoms but getting a small penance to lose it. Either way it all sucks.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m pissed hospitals are telling the workers you have no support. We HAVE to prove we worked with a positive case or else they won’t cover your time off or the hospital bill. Regardless that we can get infected due to many many cases of indirect contact.
How are we expected to do our best for the people if we aren’t covered if we get sick doing our job? This should piss off the public.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I’m pissed hospitals are telling the workers you have no support. We HAVE to prove we worked with a positive case or else they won’t cover your time off or the hospital bill. Regardless that we can get infected due to many many cases of indirect contact.
How are we expected to do our best for the people if we aren’t covered if we get sick doing our job? This should piss off the public.
i dont get how health care workers arent standing up for themselves

im oilfield worker, we have right of refusal as well, and ive shut down 3 sites in the last 6yrs cuz things werent safe

·
Administrator
25,372 Posts
This is just one instance of how our healthcare system fails not only the public but also it's own workers. Do you want to be seen by an intern (doctor) who's been on rounds for 36 hours? Didn't think so - neither do I.

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Harbor Freight and Ace Hardware have installed boxes/crates in front of registers to maintain social distance during check out. 7/11 has a clear plastic curtain installed from the ceiling down to about 6” of the counter, like a king-size sneeze guard. Home Depot has an employee assigned to the self-check out. His job is to follow each check-out with a complete spray disinfectant of the self-check area before the next customer is permitted to use it.

My RN sister heard this and was pissed that clerks and workers are getting better protection than medical workers. She’s been issued a single disposable mask and instructed to keep it in a paper bag in her locker. After several days you can imagine how disgusting it‘s gotten.

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Speaking of “pissed”...

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont get how health care workers arent standing up for themselves

im oilfield worker, we have right of refusal as well, and ive shut down 3 sites in the last 6yrs cuz things werent safe
One I’m in Florida so no unions allowed, not sure how the taxpayers allowed that to happen. Problem is we in healthcare care about the patients and if we do a mass walk out many lives will be put in danger. Administration knows that and counts on it.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is just one instance of how our healthcare system fails not only the public but also it's own workers. Do you want to be seen by an intern (doctor) who's been on rounds for 36 hours? Didn't think so - neither do I.
Yup it’s not fair how many hours they make some folks work, or how heavy of work load. My hospital system in on of the hospitals wil make a CNA take 15 patients regardless if they are incontinent, very confused, huge fall risk, and aggressive. Yet they expect 100% of them to be bathed every day, all trash taken out many times a day, is to walk them, feed them 3x a day , 4 sets of vitals and blood sugars yet when one thing doesn’t get done we are incompetent. The one system I would hope to be optimized and running well is healthcare yet nothing is done right.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Harbor Freight and Ace Hardware have installed boxes/crates in front of registers to maintain social distance during check out. 7/11 has a clear plastic curtain installed from the ceiling down to about 6” of the counter, like a king-size sneeze guard. Home Depot has an employee assigned to the self-check out. His job is to follow each check-out with a complete spray disinfectant of the self-check area before the next customer is permitted to use it.

My RN sister heard this and was pissed that clerks and workers are getting better protection than medical workers. She’s been issued a single disposable mask and instructed to keep it in a paper bag in her locker. After several days you can imagine how disgusting it‘s gotten.
Yup other companies take more precautions and I’m happy those folks are being taken care of but hospitals are far from great. Yup we also now do the mask in the paper bag deal. I went to 1 on 1 watch a patient in the ER last night all of their staff fully gowned-gloved-masked-shield as a new policy. Any and all ER workers need to be in full get up. I asked for a mask and was refused one. “Sorry ask your dept, plus your patient isn’t sick” even though their team gets the gear I don’t. I’ve never wanted to quit so much in my life.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Today I’m seeing alot about the stimulus bill hiding a lot of stuff. Why do we the tax payers not demand transparency

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
One I’m in Florida so no unions allowed, not sure how the taxpayers allowed that to happen. Problem is we in healthcare care about the patients and if we do a mass walk out many lives will be put in danger. Administration knows that and counts on it.
I just read 25 Thousand Healthcare workers in Florida are Union? I know I was in a Union, just not required to pay dues

·
Administrator
25,372 Posts
Today I’m seeing alot about the stimulus bill hiding a lot of stuff. Why do we the tax payers not demand transparency
Remember, the ideal weapons system doesn't have to work - it just has to be built in 435 congressional districts. :(

I have a copy of this bill. It takes 20 pages and a dozen references to another Law (Internal Revenue Service Code) to spell out the $1,200 per adult tax credit. It takes another 20 pages to instruct the Department of Education to drop direct federal student loan interest to zero until Sept 30. Trump made this same order in less than a page.

Democrats wanted to shove their Green New Deal into this bill. As it was, parts of it got in at least as temporary measures.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just read 25 Thousand Healthcare workers in Florida are Union? I know I was in a Union, just not required to pay dues
Not sure but work certainly doesn’t like to hear union. There may be one but none that I’ve seen officially recognized.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Remember, the ideal weapons system doesn't have to work - it just has to be built in 435 congressional districts. :(

I have a copy of this bill. It takes 20 pages and a dozen references to another Law (Internal Revenue Service Code) to spell out the $1,200 per adult tax credit. It takes another 20 pages to instruct the Department of Education to drop direct federal student loan interest to zero until Sept 30. Trump made this same order in less than a page.

Democrats wanted to shove their Green New Deal into this bill. As it was, parts of it got in at least as temporary measures.
I’m so sick of these bills within bills and the mass amount of pages it carries. Laws should be written simply and clearly so there is no room for ambiguity. I saw news reports the left wants school loan forgiveness. Well what about millennials like me. Have responsibly paid 100% of school expenses out of pocket? Where is my hand out for being responsible, or do we not get one since we actually handled our finances wisely.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts