Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like is says...looking for a detailed answer...

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Great ? for all of you tuned folks !

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Basically its if the cat temp gets to 1400 or 1600 degree F.I cant remember which number.The Vtuner told me the PCM will switch to protection mode.Limiting power and going as rich as it can.This cools down the cat.I am planing a trip to a dynojet and me and Brian talked about it in detail.I have to be careful i dont go into protection mode on the dyno.But i will say under full engine load and running 19 to 21 psi boost to hit the PCMs power target of 200TQ on 93 octane.I have never seen over 700 to 800 Degree temps.But on a dyno it may drive temps higher.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so how does vtuner get you to a leaner than 10 afr with out turning of egt protechtion. Vince says you can not shange afr with out turning off egt. Reasone i ask is i just had it turned off so i can hit a 11 afr with the w/m on. so at this point EGT is off and afr is 10.8 to 11.3 with spray and car feels like a GT3...lol

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I never run at 10 to 1 tuned.But it will if it enters protection mode.I dont know how Brian does the programing for it.A trade secret i would guess.stock the car does run at 10 to 1 on the top end,The fatest i get to is about 12.5 to 1 at 6000 rpm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts