Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
66 Posts
I would love the best tune for the 1.4L turbo. The trifecta is $300 giving you a bunch of options and increased power. The BNR is about $500 with the Autocal. Is there anything wrong with the trifecta ? I just hear some people say it?s junk and I wouldn?t want to throw down money for either one if that?s the case
My question is were dealing with 180hp 4 cylinder cars. Is it really worth it to to for such a minimum amount. I can see if you are tuning a v8 mustang or camero but a cruze seems unreasonable and not worth the 300 or 500

· Premium Member
66 Posts
My question is were dealing with 180hp 4 cylinder cars. Is it really worth it to to for such a minimum amount. I can see if you are tuning a v8 mustang or camero but a cruze seems unreasonable and not worth the 300 or 500
False,

Literally either tune on this platform is night and day but the options between the 2 differ a bit. You do any hard parts outside of an intake you need a tune or you will make your car slower than stock. If your end goal is to run down current gen Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, Type R, GTI, FiST, FoST, FoRS, STi, EVO or something of that 0-60 0-120 1/8 & 1/4 times then yes a tune alone isn't ideal.
I totally agree with using a tune if you're running stuff under the hood or if you're taking off cats or so on. But from a tune standpoint as a tune just by itself for the price to me it's hard to justify that it's worth it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.