Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2011 1.4L 2LT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just installed the ZZP mid pipe and downpipe, and on startup this oil line began to leak pretty steadily. I think I might’ve accidentally pulled on it or broke it, not sure. Anyways, is there any fix for this without replacing the line? There’s no chance that I’ll be able to make it to a repair shop safely as it begins to start smoking about 15 seconds after startup.
Any help is much appreciated.
Bicycle part Finger Plumbing Nail Automotive wheel system

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,767 Posts
Looks like the turbo oil feed line.

Part: Amazon.com: 55592600 PIPE 3.358 : Automotive

·
Registered
2011 1.4L 2LT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like the turbo oil feed line.

Part: Amazon.com: 55592600 PIPE 3.358 : Automotive

cool, they had it at a local auto parts shop for $30 so that’s pretty cool. It was still the OEM piece too and that car is 10 years old with 100k miles, surprising that it lasted that long.

·
Registered
2013 1LT/RS
45 Posts
cool, they had it at a local auto parts shop for $30 so that’s pretty cool. It was still the OEM piece too and that car is 10 years old with 100k miles, surprising that it lasted that long.
Were you able to get the ACDelco/GM part? The Dorman one swaps out the Torx bit for an Allen head.

·
Registered
618 Posts
on my old 12 1.4 I never had to replace it and I traded it in at 190,000 miles. On my daughters current 11 1.4 I had to replace it around 85,000 miles. Seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when the seal will fail. It’s an easy inexpensive fix though

·
Registered
2011 1.4L 2LT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
on my old 12 1.4 I never had to replace it and I traded it in at 190,000 miles. On my daughters current 11 1.4 I had to replace it around 85,000 miles. Seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when the seal will fail. It’s an easy inexpensive fix though
Yeah, although I will say I find it ridiculous when people here fix it every couple years for ‘preventative maintenance’. I can understand doing that kind of thing for fluids and for a hose or two, but that kind of thing just seems unnecessary considering it’s a simple fix.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
4,484 Posts
Wanna do a tutorial video on how to replace the rear main seal?

…for fun?
You're about 4 months too late. I just finished up an in-frame performance rebuild. But I was debating pulling the engine. I could probably get you instructions if you need them though.

·
Registered
2011 1.4L 2LT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You're about 4 months too late. I just finished up an in-frame performance rebuild. But I was debating pulling the engine. I could probably get you instructions if you need them though.
Just messing with you, I would probably resort to alcoholism if that ever happened.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey all,

Just installed the ZZP mid pipe and downpipe, and on startup this oil line began to leak pretty steadily. I think I might’ve accidentally pulled on it or broke it, not sure. Anyways, is there any fix for this without replacing the line? There’s no chance that I’ll be able to make it to a repair shop safely as it begins to start smoking about 15 seconds after startup.
Any help is much appreciated. View attachment 295125
Thats your turbo oil feed line, odds are the problem ring is bad, if thats the original one then it needs to be replaced since they were poorly made, they have newer ones with 2 orings on it to stop the leak. They run like less than 20 bucks. Easy peasy fix

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,767 Posts
Yeah, although I will say I find it ridiculous when people here fix it every couple years for ‘preventative maintenance’. I can understand doing that kind of thing for fluids and for a hose or two, but that kind of thing just seems unnecessary considering it’s a simple fix.
Because if it cokes up with burnt oil it ruins your turbo. Therefore it is preventative maintenance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts