Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure the reasoning for this button? Please enlighten me if you can. I know it's easy to bump if ur changing your oil filter. It doesn't allow you to use reverse or 5th and 6th gears. Only name for it I came up with is linkage limiter. Would like to know the purpose of it?

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not sure the reasoning for this button? Please enlighten me if you can. I know it's easy to bump if ur changing your oil filter. It doesn't allow you to use reverse or 5th and 6th gears. Only name for it I came up with is linkage limiter. Would like to know the purpose of it?
I am going to take a SWAG that it is the lock to center the transmission in gear for gear shift installation/adjustment. VW's have a similar locking mechanism.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would make sense...But **** hide it a little so I don't bump it lol. Spent a couple hours tinkering to figure out it was just this silly button. At least during that time I swapped out the GM tranny fluid for some Synchromesh.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
The Sonic has the same button. Our manual transmission is cable linked and that button controls the alignment of the cables.

·
10,712 Posts
That would make sense...But **** hide it a little so I don't bump it lol. Spent a couple hours tinkering to figure out it was just this silly button. At least during that time I swapped out the GM tranny fluid for some Synchromesh.
Some dealers broke that off if you had a old M32 swapped in for this as a replacement. The old style you needed tools to align stuff. I take it you already went for a drive and couldn't access 5th and 6th gear with it shoved in.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some dealers broke that off if you had a old M32 swapped in for this as a replacement. The old style you needed tools to align stuff. I take it you already went for a drive and couldn't access 5th and 6th gear with it shoved in.[/QUOTE]
Yeah was quite interesting lol. Definitely realized how much 4th is an overdrive gear. Took back roads ran about 50 in 4th lot of DFCO with the hills so kept around 42 mpg yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts