Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a couple posts of people claiming to attempt to engine swap with a 2.0t verano but what were was stopping them from finishing?

I would assume we would also have to swap that transmission, but could the Cruze pcm be flashed to work with the Buick engine.

If someone had a salvaged verano with an engine, tranny, pcm and assume electronics could be taken care of, what would be some of the obstacles to get it to work? Would our brakes and suspension have to be upgraded too?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Please bare with my ignorance, but why would the whole loom have to be swapped? What engine specific electrical components does the verano engine have which wouldn't have a spot on the cruze's loom?
Its crazy, one a study each automotive manufacturer has over 100 different ECM per year, with yearly changes due to constantly changing EPA requirements, each has its own wiring harness and code. 1992 DeVille was one of the last complete composite drawings I could get for the entire electrical/electronic wiring system. On one sheet of paper 2 feet high by 8 feet wide. Print was so small, could barely read it.

Won't even find this in newer shop manuals, bits and pieces of circuit diagram scattered all over 3000 pages of manual.

Lets look at just one component for the Cruze and the Verano, the variable camshaft timing solenoid.

This if for the Cruze:

And this is for the Verano:

NNot only different, each is programmed differently with different engine locations, and this is only one of many, guaranteed tto drive you insane.

That's is crazy! Wouldn't have even thought of that. There is no doubt more labor would be involved than what's it worth, but one would probably learn a great deal doing it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.