Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

What is the widest wheel you can install on a CTD?

2187 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  170-3tree
I'm looking to improve tires/wheels for occasional track usage. I want to run a very sticky street tire or possibly an R-compound tire and I'd like the same size rim for front and rear. I don't want to have rubbing in the wheel well or have it sticking out beyond the lip of the fender. Lighter rims are better than heavier rims.

17's. 18's? How wide?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
2,987 Posts
18s are way more common in street compound and high performance summers like kumho x's or ventus. Im not sure in r spec hoosiers if the 18s will be more common

· Premium Member
850 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Poke, flush, tuck, stretch, old guy here had to look all this stuff up. I'm more interested in function than form. It's got to work first, then if it looks good too, that's the ticket!

I like the the look of those European race Cruzes (World Challenge??). Big wheels/wide tires filling up the wheel well! I'd even go with wheels "poking" a bit if they could be covered by a flair.

· Premium Member
2,987 Posts
oz makes the ultralaggaras in a 8.5 inch wide rim vs factory 8 in 17 and 18. plus at 19 lbs in 18 im sold. that will be a great reduction in unsprung weight and will help MPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.