Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me it was the 88 Bronco 2 that I owned for all of 2 weeks. Something wrong in the transmission was eating clutches Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Ford bronco ii

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I have a couple:

Dodge Lemon (Intrepid) - wife's car
Mitsubishi Lancer - Clutch failed at 30K. I'm still on my original clutch in my ECO MT.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
1988 Accord. Something expensive was constantly wrong with the **** thing and it had a fantastic habit of leaving me on the side of the road.

·
2,254 Posts
2004 Ford F-150 5.4 Triton

-2 Motors
-3 Transmissions
-Pretty much everything has been replaced on it.

It's a company vehicle and I didn't own it, but drove it a lot before we got a new one.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I'd have to say my 1995 dodge colt. Fun to drive and got 700 km to a tank that cost almost nothing to fill.

Couldn't get parts at any supplier and the head gasket went. The previous owner spilled milk on the carpet in the back so I had to cut the carpet out but then the car would never get warm so I put little carpet mats in it from an intrepid in my junkyard. When the headgasket went I junked it.

Reactions: chevrasaki

·
Conservative Acoustic Foam
1,028 Posts
'89 IROC convertible.

I bought it as a project car to try to relive the glory days of my favorite car I ever owned ('91 Z28 convertible). I failed....miserably.

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
1986 Mitsubishi Magna, too many problems to list and I would rather forget I ever owned it.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
I haven't owned very many cars.

1989 Olds Cutlass Supreme - had some transmission/computer issues.

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Registered
7 Posts
2012 Ford Focus (Fuckus is what I called it). I got the manual because of all the issues that the auto had. Within the first 6 months I owned it, the transmission would not go into reverse or go into first gear. AC went out, Headlight assembly had to be replaced, front passenger door panel was replaced twice because of rattles. Also, when I first got it there was something rolling around in the dash and I took it to the dealer three times and they couldn't figure it out so I took off the HVAC vent on the driver side and there was a screw rolling around. So that was fun. After the 6 months I ditched it and bought a 2012 VW Jetta..which I absolutely loved.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Mid-size car

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2012 Ford Focus (Fuckus is what I called it). I got the manual because of all the issues that the auto had. Within the first 6 months I owned it, the transmission would not go into reverse or go into first gear. AC went out, Headlight assembly had to be replaced, front passenger door panel was replaced twice because of rattles. Also, when I first got it there was something rolling around in the dash and I took it to the dealer three times and they couldn't figure it out so I took off the HVAC vent on the driver side and there was a screw rolling around. So that was fun. After the 6 months I ditched it and bought a 2012 VW Jetta..which I absolutely loved.
View attachment 173994
My wife actually had an '01 fuckus. she loved it. It was5 years old and had 130k on her when we sold it

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
2009 Ford Focus. Car had a glass suspension, both front and rear control arms wore out twice. A power window issue since new never was resolved over several warranty visits. Carpet on floor was cut too small around the edges, had the carpet pull away from the door sills and centre console whenever a passenger stepped in. Good engine and tranny, rest of the car wasn't holding up.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
1973 Fiat 125 Spyder convertible. Broke down more than it ran! Not to mention it was a rust magnet!

Reactions: BU54 and chevrasaki

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
My Cruze is the first car I ever personally owned, but I have been insured and regularly drove quite a few. My worst one was a 2008 Ford Escape. The automatic transmission had to be re-programmed after it constantly ground the gears. After the reprogramming it continued and the transmission needed to be replaced and it was reprogrammed again (all covered under warranty, it was a lease). Problem continued but was reduced. Power was completely lost to the car a couple of times on busy roads which forced me to stop, turn the car off and on again.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
'86 Ford Aerostar. 51 visits to the dealer service department in the first 15 months of ownership. It was SWMBO's ride and she refused to drive it. Traded it in after 18 months into a 70 month loan. Dealer refused to satisfy us unless the courts ordered him to. His words. FOMOCO refused to have anything to do with the issue. Last vehicle with a blue oval to ever "grace" our driveway.

·
Registered
261 Posts
1991 Ford F-350. Bought new and owned it till 1999. In that time I drove it 96k miles and put 4 transmissions in and countless little things..

1 - 20 of 52 Posts