Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
I never had a worsed ..or even a worst ..now there were some good 1 's and a few BAD 1's ...

·
Registered
39 Posts
1996 chevy blazer 4 door 4.3 v6 put about 40k on it before I got rid of it because it always had something wrong. My dad had a 93 chevy 1500 I think with the same motor in it and put over 300k on that with few problems that's why I got the blazer thinking it be an ok SUV. The list of problems is very long I cant even remember all of them but I do remember calling AAA I think 4 times to get towed in the first year I owned that SUV. I do blame the owner before me for pore maintenance for some of the problems, but when I first got it I fixed everything I could find but it just kept falling apart. I got it at 130k. 130k to me should only be about 50% of a modern cars life. From that point I've have a bad taste of chevy and did not give them another shot till I got my wifes 2012 cruze and after about 16k over the last year its been a great car! gives my faith that chevy is making quality cars again.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Pre bankruptcy gm's weren't anywhere near the quality they are now.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, trying to think about some of the cars I purchased that only needed a buck to repair.

30 Olds with a broken year axle, a buck for a good axle at my wrecking yard back then, paid ten bucks for this car.

41 Chevy, really nice, guy said would cost him a fortune to repair the vacuum shift, a buck lever from Warshawsky worked great, got the car for 25 bucks.

49 Olds that wouldn't start, all it needed was a buck rebuilt kit for the fuel pump, and 25 buck car.

52 DeSoto, extremely low mileage, like new inside and outside, but with AT problems, a 100 buck car, needed a new steel synchro that cost me a buck.

49 Plymouth convertible with a bad clutch, another 35 buck car, but this was expensive, six bucks for a good clutch and pressure plate.

There is more, have to think, but the way car parts are today, all this is in the history books. Cheaper to buy a new car today than try to fix one up.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Worst ive owned and currently own is a 1999 Vw passat gasoline turbo. sunroof leaks ( why i bought a no sunroof cruze), doors are hard to open, on occasion feels like it dropped an injector then next day its fine for a few months, a very gutless motor with not that great MPG, cheap cheap cheap cheap plastic EVERYWHERE, the morons put in a plastic dip stick and plastic dipstick tube... so that got brittle and broke, dropped lots of plastic down into the pan, very finicky suspension..

i HATE VW with all fibers of my body. will never own another VW nor audi

·
Registered
69 Posts
99 svt contour. Overall just an awful car.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
1989 Lincoln Continental, beautiful car, nice to drive, but had problems every couple of weeks, have no idea Ford managed to stay in business between 1987 and 1999, 3.8L V-6, constant head gasket problems, AXODe electronically controlled transmission with aluminum clutches, and an air bag suspension system that cost 3,000 bucks for parts if you could repair it yourself. Minor problems were like door handles falling off or windows dropping down.

Second worst vehicle was a 93 Olds Bravada, Practically mostly electrical problems, EPA banned electroplating in this country was using all bare copper for switch contacts.

Most reliable cars was my 92 DeVille, and 85 Honda Accord SEI, practically problem free, would also have to add my 04 Cavalier to this list, practically free of problems until the road salt ate it away.

Never drove my 92 DeVille on road salt.

·
Registered
86 Posts
For me it was the 88 Bronco 2 that I owned for all of 2 weeks. Something wrong in the transmission was eating clutches
The 1988 Bronco 2 was way better than the 1985 model. You had fuel injection. The 85 had a variable venturi carburetor.
It was a V6 that had no power. Don't miss it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
That I've personally owned? Well that would be a 1998 Mercury Mystique. First was the left rear turn signal that was miss installed so that it melted the plastic. There after it always looked like the signal was out unless it was pitch black. Second was the timing belt that broke and had to be replaced 4 times. Third was the "chrome" that peeled off the front grill. Fourth was the arthritic acceleration. Fifth was the mpg that was closer to 24 than the promised 32. Sixth was the peeling paint on the hood. I should have taken it as an omen when it was rear ended by a city dump truck at 6 months old. Of course it was also his by cars 2 more times.

For my family, as a whole, it was easily the 1972 Chevrolet Impala. I've mercifully forgotten most of it's sins though the rear windshield that started rusting out all around comes to mind. It didn't help that Dad was, and remains, a terrible mechanic.

·
Registered
306 Posts
2004 Mustang (V6, so many problems), or.. 2003 Mazda3 (crunked into 3rd gear, could never fix it w/o doing a replacement), ... or, 1990 NA miata (because for some stupid ass reason, it was an auto)

41 - 52 of 52 Posts