Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the water outlet replaced a few weeks ago (coincidence? Not sure), and just noticed this connector flopping around in my engine bay and can't figure out A> is it supposed to just be hanging there? and B> if not, where does it clip? There doesn't seem to be too much slack in the blue wire it's attached to.
Auto part Fuel line Vehicle Engine Car

Thoughts?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I'm just guessing, as the picture is really zoomed in. I think that's the connector for the primary oxygen sensor. Take a look at the blue jacket, and chase it tward the front of the car.

This connector might slide into the valve cover for support. But honestly I'm not sure I'd worry about it. Guessing the tech did disconnect it to remove the water outlet. As long as it's not directly touching the water outlet or other hot surface I think your fine. You could zip tie it to the other wiring harness if you really wanted to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, definitely the O2 sensor. I was only curious if it was supposed to be loosey-goosey, or whether there was an actual place to clip it. I think a zip tie fix may be in order.
Thank-you!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Check out this video.. The video is a sonic, but I'm guessing it's the same. Looks like it attaches to the water outlet? Assuming the tech knew this when he removed it form the old water outlet and didn't snap something..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeJ9X3TavI8

Guessing he broke the plastic on the wire connector. careful people.. ahh.. don't get me started, but stuff like this is why I don't use a dealership. Saved all of 5 minutes by breaking it vs. carefully sliding it off the old water outlet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's beyond perfect. I'll look for the spot on the outlet that it clips too. Soooo appreciated. Thank-you, again!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I'm glad my "Cruze fanatic" crazy information can help someone.

Reactions: obermd

·
Registered
6 Posts
In regards to that water outlet, has anyone experienced a coolant leak from there before? I noticed liquid at the base of that hose (not a great amount) wasnt sure if that was a normal thing or not.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
In regards to that water outlet, has anyone experienced a coolant leak from there before? I noticed liquid at the base of that hose (not a great amount) wasnt sure if that was a normal thing or not.
Yep. That's turning into a common leak point. GM redesigned the connector to resolve this issue.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Check out this video.. The video is a sonic, but I'm guessing it's the same. Looks like it attaches to the water outlet? Assuming the tech knew this when he removed it form the old water outlet and didn't snap something..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeJ9X3TavI8

Guessing he broke the plastic on the wire connector. careful people.. ahh.. don't get me started, but stuff like this is why I don't use a dealership. Saved all of 5 minutes by breaking it vs. carefully sliding it off the old water outlet.
This - I had the water sensor replaced in my water outlet and I did not catch in time and the clip was broke that snapped in the water outlet. Well guess what the clip is part of the O2 sensor and to get a new clip you have to buy an O2 sensor and replace the sensor. Since my O2 sensor was fine I just used wire ties to tie it back into the water outlet and made sure it was resting on anything hot and then I used some wire ties to keep the O2 sensor wire downstream from the connector and before it goes into the cat so it wasn't resting on any of the transmission cooling lines. It is a pain and another stupid design because they made the clip part of the O2 sensor. Or maybe it wasn't so dumb just get the customers to buy a whole new O2 sensor to replace the clip. I don't really blame the tech because it is tight in there and if you aren't careful it is easy to break. The clip should be a stand alone part not made part of the O2 sensor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts