Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my car so far, but.....WTF is up with the dwarf-sized center armrest? I'm forced to drive with my left hand only most of the time. I can't figure out a way to make it move, does it?

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
It's a crappy design IMHO.Should have detents to keep it in place unless you deliberately move or reposition it.And more padding would also be nice :)

I agree 100%....I wish it would lock forward, that's its most useful position.

·
Registered
720 Posts
My car adds an extra issue. The parking brake won't set firmly when the armrest is in the forward position. The handle hits the rest before the brakes get tight. I've already rolled a couple of times when I pushed down the clutch to start the car even though I had the brake handle up as far as it would go.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
My car adds an extra issue. The parking brake won't set firmly when the armrest is in the forward position. The handle hits the rest before the brakes get tight. I've already rolled a couple of times when I pushed down the clutch to start the car even though I had the brake handle up as far as it would go.
Which is prob why they designed it to slide back easily.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sounds like you should adjust those brakes, the handbrake shouldn't come up that high.
I noticed my handbrake is crap aswell, will throw it on the hoist and adjust it when I get a spare minute.

I didn't realise the armrest moved, keep finding new stuff with this car. I love it

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am still interested to see how exactly you guys are sitting in your vehicles. I have tried to push the armrest back with my elbow while driving, and while I can do it, it's not that easy... in my car anyway. I'm envisioning you all with backwards baseball caps and an overexaggerated Detroit lean......

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am still interested to see how exactly you guys are sitting in your vehicles. I have tried to push the armrest back with my elbow while driving, and while I can do it, it's not that easy... in my car anyway. I'm envisioning you all with backwards baseball caps and an overexaggerated Detroit lean......
How long until we see a Cruze "donk"?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Honestly, this is the one thing holding me back about buying a Cruze. I like everything else about the car but I know I won't be happy if I'm uncomfortable while driving because of the armrest. It's just one of those things that I think would bother me.

I thought I read here that the armrest locks in the forward position in 2012 models but I haven't heard anything about it from someone who has a 2012.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
I didn't know it was possible to "overexaggerate" the Detroit lean. LMAO! :lol:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Sounds like you should adjust those brakes, the handbrake shouldn't come up that high.
I noticed my handbrake is crap aswell, will throw it on the hoist and adjust it when I get a spare minute.

I didn't realise the armrest moved, keep finding new stuff with this car. I love it
The rear brakes on this car are adjusted from the factory not to touch the drums. It reduces friction and improves mpg.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have no issues with it sliding back. It is to "rest your arm" not to lean on it and rest your body. That means you're leaning on your left and that's bad for your back. Sit up straight.
I can't imagine someone actually leaning while driving a manual, seems very uncomfortable.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts