Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have installed the factory fog light kit, when plugging the wire that goes into the fuse box what tupe
of connector is used? I mean I know it's not a connector but more like a terminal correct? The thing is that I have a non oem kit and have decided to install it the same way you would the oem one by cutting and stripping the wire that goes to the generic looking switch. So I'm left with a wire. I know I can use an a fuse tap but to get it 100 percent factory, I'd like to install the wire into the power distribution box. Please provide a link or picture to the type of terminals used to connect wires to the fuse panel.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Go to a junkyard and find a mass air flow sensor harness on a vw. De pin it and the med size wire is the same style pins that the cruze uses. Locks right in place.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Does the original Factory kit include the wire with a pin on it? Or is the pin already part of the connector under the fuse box?

If you could ID the part number on the actual connector that you're plugging into you could use Delphi.com, for the cut sheets for electrical connectors. Once you determine which pin you need, you could order from digikey or mouser.com or ebay.

A Metri-Pak-150 connector is realty small. The connectors under the fuse box under the hood are really large connectors, with probably 20+ pins. I doubt this will work. Could you force it to work, maybe, but a little more effort to identify the correct Delphi connector and the corresponding PIN will give you true factory performance and look.

Get some numbers off the actual black connector under the fuse box and post, and I'll help with the ID search..

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the original Factory kit include the wire with a pin on it? Or is the pin already part of the connector under the fuse box?

If you could ID the part number on the actual connector that you're plugging into you could use Delphi.com, for the cut sheets for electrical connectors. Once you determine which pin you need, you could order from digikey or mouser.com or ebay.

A Metri-Pak-150 connector is realty small. The connectors under the fuse box under the hood are really large connectors, with probably 20+ pins. I doubt this will work. Could you force it to work, maybe, but a little more effort to identify the correct Delphi connector and the corresponding PIN will give you true factory performance and look.

Get some numbers off the actual black connector under the fuse box and post, and I'll help with the ID search..
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/145-appearance-body-tutorials/1590-eco-cruze-fog-light-install-warning-lots-pics.html

here on this post you will see the connector and wire with terminal itself. I didn't notice until now that the terminal is visible in that photo if you zoom in close enough. It honestly looks like the one I pictured, but could be wrong.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Did you ever figure out what /name/size/anything for that pin? I did the same thing you did and the 20+ I have in the garage none are it.
I guess I could just cut one from a junkyard car but I'd like to get a new one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts