Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems I have replaced the wipers on my car at least 2 or 3 times. First time I used Anco Aero Advantage Wipers and then the Trico Exact fit blades and both of which seem to give out/streak easily. Last night I found some new blades that are(or at least seem) much better. Trico Flex blades. They cost a little more but they have a better clearing "wipe" and leave no streaking what so ever. They have a heavier design and are not made like the factory blades the "Exact fits". The type of weather we get in Cincinnati goes from one extreme to the other and does nothing for wiper rubber. Anyone else

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,674 Posts
Factory.

I have Rain-X latitudes on my Cobalt and Cavalier. I liked them at first on the Cobalt, but I'm not sure how much I like them anymore. If I buy new blades, I'll probably go with Bosch Icons.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
I posted in the Facebook group this weekend about the left wiper skipping after a few months no matter what brand of wipers I buy.

Currently running Bosch Icons, and they're doing it too. Have also tried RainX, Trico, and the OEM ones were absolutely terrible and streaked at each support point a few months in (they didn't shudder though).

Annoys the crap out of me. Our car THE SAME AGE just got its first new set of wipers.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I have no idea what I have on the driver's side right now - it's a 24in blade left over from my Montana. The passenger side is a factory blade. Our dry climate dries out the rubber.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The originals on my car lasted less than a year before the rubber started coming apart, but while they lasted I never noticed bad streaking or skipping. I replaced them with some Valvoline blades (just what a friend in MO kept at his shop) and they skipped something awful after the first few strokes across the windshield. After about 20 months the pass. side of that pair just gave it up so I'm going to look around and hope I find something that's a little more worth having.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I have Bosch Icons on the P5. They are well over three years old and still work like new. Black Betty's are factory originals and also work like new after over three years. Actually bought a set at the dealer for eventual replacement ($16). Is there something on your glass surface that is causing the skipping? Have you tried cleaning the glass with Invisible Glass or the old trick of BonAmi cleanser slurry to get the glass really clean?

·
Registered
589 Posts
OEM Only! The factory set lasted me over 2 years with no problems, I figured why change. The new set has bee on almost two years now and again no problems.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Based on what I read on the forums, I picked up a set when I took my car in to the dealer. They work fine.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Hay Jim I think that the Millenials have no idea about cleaning windows ..

Amway has a chrome and glass cleaner that is awesome ..shoot even vinegar and water solution is effective , but ya have to use newspaper to dry IT off of the glass ...

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I liked the Bosch Icons, but the RainX latitude lasted longer for me. Replaced the blades on my sonic first week I got the car, got the New RainX Latitude water repellency, treats the windshield as you use it. So far it works great! 3+ weeks after getting my car washed I hit a rainstorm and the beading action looks like I just treated the window the day before.

Reason not to buy another OEM blade? I live in an area with snow and the Beam style blade works much better since it has no moving parts like the stock blade to get plugged up with ice/snow. GM only uses these cheap blades on their low end cars(everything lower than Malibu/equinox), everything else gets beam style from the factory.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Bosch icons all the way. Best blades on every car I've put them on. Factory ones were good until they iced up in the winter, then you were lucky if you could see a thing. Icons don't ice up as they're beam style. And yes, cars above the Cruze get the beam style from the factory.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
2,170 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Wipers can be so expensive. I've been buying Motorcraft wipers from Rockauto. I've been happy with both the beam and coventional frame Motorcraft.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I'm another vote for the Bosch Icons! Had them on my old car for over 2 years and partially in Arizona and never dried out and always worked great during monsoon season, now I have a new set on my Cruze and they work just as great in dreary Illinois weather.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I posted in the Facebook group this weekend about the left wiper skipping after a few months no matter what brand of wipers I buy.

Currently running Bosch Icons, and they're doing it too. Have also tried RainX, Trico, and the OEM ones were absolutely terrible and streaked at each support point a few months in (they didn't shudder though).

Annoys the crap out of me. Our car THE SAME AGE just got its first new set of wipers.
This was happening with my driver side wiper too. I found out the arm was bent ever so slightly and the wiper blade was tilted. I bent it back and it seemed to help tremendously. Not sure if this is your problem or not, but never hurts to check.

Reactions: jblackburn
1 - 20 of 35 Posts