Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of these Threads haven't had a Reply in Years yet always appear in the exact position in the "Trending" section of the main page?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trending Discussions All Trending Discussions →
  1. Gen1 Cruze Clutch and Manual Transmission Shifting Upgrades
    Gen1 Powertrain
    The Gen1 Cruze clutch has been reported as feeling numb. Furthermore, the car suffers from shift grinding, inconsistent shifting, and notchy/hard shifting, especially during spirited driving and rapid shifting. This thread will address these symptoms with solutions for addressing the root cause...
  2. Cruze Diesel Top Speed?
    Gen1 Diesel Technical Discussion
    I'm afraid that I'm not much of a speed demon but I would imagine that GM has placed some kind of speed limiter on the vehicle so as not to exceed the limits of the tires. What's the fastest that you've had your Cruze Diesel rolling down the highway? Has anyone tested the electronic or drag...

3. Emissions delete/race tune install
    Gen1 Diesel General Discussion
    So my Cruze TD has about 55,000 miles on it now, and has been mildly trouble-free. I've had several emissions-related trouble codes, as well as the annoying "Poor Quality DEF" light come on multiple times. Being somewhat technical minded, and after perusing several delete threads, I've decided...
  4. VW Caught Cheating...
    General Discussion
    VW has been ordered to recall nearly 500K diesel powered vehicles because they have software designed to cheat on emissions testing. Interesting what you can do with computer code...
  5. Totalled
    Cruze Owners - Other Cars/Toys
    We had a major hail storm roll through the northwest side of Denver on the 8th. I got the insurance response today - my ECO MT has been totaled. I wasn't in the car but am now shopping for a new car.

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Hey @Eddy Cruze I spotted the “trend”............all these threads contain at least one of these words: “Have”, “Has”, or “Had”.

Thank you very much everyone, I’ll be here all week.

·
Administrator
1,413 Posts
Most of these Threads haven't had a Reply in Years yet always appear in the exact position in the "Trending" section of the main page?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trending Discussions All Trending Discussions →
  1. Gen1 Cruze Clutch and Manual Transmission Shifting Upgrades
    Gen1 Powertrain
    The Gen1 Cruze clutch has been reported as feeling numb. Furthermore, the car suffers from shift grinding, inconsistent shifting, and notchy/hard shifting, especially during spirited driving and rapid shifting. This thread will address these symptoms with solutions for addressing the root cause...
  2. Cruze Diesel Top Speed?
    Gen1 Diesel Technical Discussion
    I'm afraid that I'm not much of a speed demon but I would imagine that GM has placed some kind of speed limiter on the vehicle so as not to exceed the limits of the tires. What's the fastest that you've had your Cruze Diesel rolling down the highway? Has anyone tested the electronic or drag...

3. Emissions delete/race tune install
    Gen1 Diesel General Discussion
    So my Cruze TD has about 55,000 miles on it now, and has been mildly trouble-free. I've had several emissions-related trouble codes, as well as the annoying "Poor Quality DEF" light come on multiple times. Being somewhat technical minded, and after perusing several delete threads, I've decided...
  4. VW Caught Cheating...
    General Discussion
    VW has been ordered to recall nearly 500K diesel powered vehicles because they have software designed to cheat on emissions testing. Interesting what you can do with computer code...
  5. Totalled
    Cruze Owners - Other Cars/Toys
    We had a major hail storm roll through the northwest side of Denver on the 8th. I got the insurance response today - my ECO MT has been totaled. I wasn't in the car but am now shopping for a new car.
Trending pulls info from an algorithm looking at page views.
-Philip

·
Administrator
25,372 Posts
-Philip
That algorithm needs some serious work, such as not pulling up a thread that hasn't had any activity for over a year.

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey @Eddy Cruze I spotted the “trend”............all these threads contain at least one of these words: “Have”, “Has”, or “Had”.

Thank you very much everyone, I’ll be here all week.
-Philip
If somebody just clicks on a post to possibly view it, or not, that makes for a 'trending' thread? Does that even make sense to you or your group, and by the way, I'm not doubting you at all. I knew it had to be more than a coincidence that the "Totalled" Hail post was trending the same day a freak 10-meter high wall of Ice Slush & Hail hit Mazatlan 2 months ago.

·
Administrator
1,413 Posts
If somebody just clicks on a post to possibly view it, or not, that makes for a 'trending' thread? Does that even make sense to you or your group, and by the way, I'm not doubting you at all. I knew it had to be more than a coincidence that the "Totalled" Hail post was trending the same day a freak 10-meter high wall of Ice Slush & Hail hit Mazatlan 2 months ago.
There is so many page views we get based on google hits too that it would be counting.
-Philip

·
Administrator
25,372 Posts
There is so many page views we get based on google hits too that it would be counting.
-Philip
Good point. This would explain why my "Totalled" thread jumped up when that hail storm hit Mexico. To avoid this ensure all clicks in CruzeTalk fill the in the HTML referrer field and only count those hits. This might also drive more advertising traffic towards CruzeTalk as the advertisers will see this as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts