Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
As of April my 2015 cruze 1lt rs will be 1 year old. Since my purchase I have tinted the windows, installed a momo shift knob, installed aem intake, shaved off the badges but kept the bow ties,gapped plugs .28, and flashed the trifecta tune. Everytime I do something to this car I fall more in love with it. So I just placed an order over at BNR for front/rear strut bar and the recirrculating valve. I wanted the blow off valve but i couldnt justify the $200 on the tune upgrade since Im not gonna do anything else until my warranty is up. My next purchase will be the trubendz 2.5 exhaust which Im very excited about but Im gonna wait till I install the other stuff first (aka when I get my tax return). I plan on using plasti dip on the strut bars to make them red but Im debating if I should do the gloss finish. Anyways your probably wondering why I am posting here? Well if anyone has questions for me about what Ive done Id be glad to share my experience but mainly I want to know what you guys reccomend next?? Is there a performance upgrade I can do without voiding the warranty? Any cool interior/exterior mods youd reccomend? Im probably gonna do HID lights after the exhaust. Feel free to leave feedback of any kind :)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Sounds like you've got a pretty good plan. As for other upgrades, LED signals, markers, brake, license plate lights always add a nice touch. If you're wanting more performance to go with the rest of the exhaust you may consider ZZP Down/Midpipe, although, that may be something you want to wait for your warranty to expire to mess with. If you wanna go even farther at that point you could do E85/Flex Fuel or the BNR Turbo upgrade.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Another good upgrade is getting a new set of aftermarket wheels. New wheels can really improve the aesthetic appearance of your car.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Agree ^ If you still have the 16" LT wheels those are a super buzzkill (no offense) upgrading the wheels makes such a huge difference....I swapped my LT wheels for the LTZ ones and that alone made my car look so much better!

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
you could save up for b14 coil over kit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like you've got a pretty good plan. As for other upgrades, LED signals, markers, brake, license plate lights always add a nice touch. If you're wanting more performance to go with the rest of the exhaust you may consider ZZP Down/Midpipe, although, that may be something you want to wait for your warranty to expire to mess with. If you wanna go even farther at that point you could do E85/Flex Fuel or the BNR Turbo upgrade.
Thanks my friend put me on to most of it and you guys are a great comunity. Any reccomendation on where to get the LEDs? I was considering aftermarket lights but nothing really fit my taste. Downpipe and turbo upgrade will be on my after warranty list. I dont know much about e85/flex fuel but ill look into it.

Another good upgrade is getting a new set of aftermarket wheels. New wheels can really improve the aesthetic appearance of your car.
Im gonna wait till next spring to get new wheels. Im gonna let the stock tires run their course. But I have my eyes on wheels so if something worth while comes up Id probably get it.

Agree ^ If you still have the 16" LT wheels those are a super buzzkill (no offense) upgrading the wheels makes such a huge difference....I swapped my LT wheels for the LTZ ones and that alone made my car look so much better!
Dont be hatin on my wheels. But yea Im gonna do something eventually. Whether it be a good deal or by the time I need new tires.

you could save up for b14 coil over kit.
Ill probably do coil overs down the road. Not a fan of the car being low though.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Thanks my friend put me on to most of it and you guys are a great comunity. Any reccomendation on where to get the LEDs? I was considering aftermarket lights but nothing really fit my taste. Downpipe and turbo upgrade will be on my after warranty list. I dont know much about e85/flex fuel but ill look into it.

Im gonna wait till next spring to get new wheels. Im gonna let the stock tires run their course. But I have my eyes on wheels so if something worth while comes up Id probably get it.

Dont be hatin on my wheels. But yea Im gonna do something eventually. Whether it be a good deal or by the time I need new tires.

Ill probably do coil overs down the road. Not a fan of the car being low though.
Diodedynamics is the place to get the best LEDs...they're pricey but with LEDs you really get what you pay for.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Diodedynamics is the place to get the best LEDs...they're pricey but with LEDs you really get what you pay for.[/QUOTE]

O cool my friend showed me this site. If you dont mind me asking what have you done with LEDs and what bulbs did you get?

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Well the b14 is a super street type kit so it lowers but its not slammed. thats why i wont do other kits. bilstine or tien only

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Actually quite awhile ago, found chrome plated tire valve caps at my Fleet Farm store with neoprene seals on the inside to replace those cheap plastic ones that came with the Cruze.

Can't say much to adding much beauty to the Cruze, but with that neoprene seal on the inside, not only keeps out road salt, but acts as a double seal in case the Schrader develops a leak. Well worth a couple of bucks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually quite awhile ago, found chrome plated tire valve caps at my Fleet Farm store with neoprene seals on the inside to replace those cheap plastic ones that came with the Cruze.

Can't say much to adding much beauty to the Cruze, but with that neoprene seal on the inside, not only keeps out road salt, but acts as a double seal in case the Schrader develops a leak. Well worth a couple of bucks.
Interesting! Ill look into it. Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts