Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

What offset?

Tags
offset
15K views 46 replies 10 participants last post by  Smurfenstein 
#1 ·
What offset for a 18x8.5 wheel? im planning on running 245/40 or 255/40...

#14 ·
If you're going to the expense and trouble of having wheels MADE to fit your car, surely you can pick the tire size you want to use and stick it on an off-the-shelf wheel to check fitment first! Stick one on the car and measure all your clearances, and if anything looks too tight or too much gap you can alter the offset on your custom wheels to get it perfect.

Make sure your suspension is set where you want it before doing this.

#8 ·
+35

If you need a few more mm's you can always tack on some 5mm spacers without worrying about needing longer studs.

If you go too low (30 or less) your stuck with a wheel that may poke a bit. And the only thing to solve that would be to machine off material off the wheel pad. Which is an expensive and inconveniant way to fit a set of wheels.
I have a 40 offset rim with 8.5 width. A 30 offset rim will either poke a little, or a decent amount depending on the thickness of your rim's lip. 38 would actually be ideal for our car with an 8.5" wide rim, 35 is nice, but 30 is only if you want poke.

The reason why 40 is the max, is because I'm within a cm of my strut on the inner wheel well. Snarf snarf.

#10 ·
Dang Jakk the lip on your rims are fat haha. Also, looking at your sig, you need to tuck your rear wheels, your rear bumper is sitting way too high compared to the rest of your car haha.

EDIT: Although don't you have a 9" or 9.5" wide rim Jakk? I thought your Rotiforms were wider than 8.5".

#29 ·
take into mind the jtusi cruze has a square 19x9 et35.Ive measured and you can fit a 9.5 in the arch unless you run a 5mm spacer to avoid the coilover,but with such a wide wheel i would have had to run a 45et which imo would have done no justice to a 140hp car.
Also take into thought most of the cars that have a "wide" wheel setup are on coilovers and not the massive oem shocks.

#35 ·
How well do you think an 18x8 with a 40 mm offset will look? Been looking at these rims for a min and its driving me crazy with how it will look, will it either sit in too far or have poke.

#37 ·
Alright thanks. Found another post saying how 18x8 with 42mm back cuts really close to strut at 5mm of spacing between inner rim and strut so I shouldn't have an issue there either. I guess worst case if they are too sunk in I could put a spacer in to reach the look I'm shooting for. Plus I'm getting the Eibach lowering springs on once they come in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.