Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a transmission drain plug gasket and got a Dorman 65408 which cross references with OEM part #90528145. This is not the right part. It's a gasket about the size of a nickel. It does show it's for the CTD but I don't know what it's for (definitely not transmission drain plug though). It says oil pan drain plug, but it's not that either. Here is a picture of the same seal with OEM part #.

While I'm dealing with how to send it back for a refund, I'm really curious what is this for on our cars? Is it maybe a seal on the transmission fill plug?

Material property Font Electronic device Circle Number

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,950 Posts
I have not a clue what that would fit on the CTD...I really don't think it does. Like you said - very different from both the transmission drain plug and the oil drain plug gaskets (washers), as well as the transmission check plug gasket (o-ring).

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,950 Posts
On RockAuto, it looks to support that - also shows as being for the 1.4T. But RA shows the correct crush washer gasket for the diesel (and nothing else).

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,168 Posts
I've been using a generic Harbor Freight O-ring for my trans plug for 5 or 6 yearly drain/fill cycles now instead of the crush washer. (Didn't like how the crush washer looked first time I drained it. Didn't want to use it the way it looked, but also didn't want to wait for a new one to show up in the mail, so grabbed the O-ring assortment off the shelf.) I just throw a new one on with every drain/fill, and it's never leaked a drop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts