Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not affiliated, just wondering what in the world this ebay seller is up to: 2012 Chevy Cruze A C Heater Blower Motor | eBay

They list the car the part came off of as having 3 miles on it, and if you look at the picture all the factory wrapping seems to be there. How/why would a junk yard be parting out a brand new Cruze? If the car had a few hundred miles on it and didn't look wrecked I'd assume it was a GM buyback that quietly got shipped to a junkyard but parting out what appears to be a brand new car seems outlandish. If I didn't know better I'd think they were raiding the parking lot at Lordstown or something :p

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Most likely a flood car..............lots of late models are showing up for parts since the storms out east this year.

Rob

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Likely a flood car. There were a lot of dealerships that got flooded by Sandy. It's OK to total them and part them out. Just aren't supposed to resell the complete car, but some folks are. They are starting to show up in Michigan and Ohio auctions. Still, I'd be leery of anything electrical out of a flood car, especially these ones that use a CAN bus architecture.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Makes sense. I wouldn't buy any electrical or steel parts off of a flooded car either. I wouldn't be worried about plastic things like trim and light lenses, but I knew someone who bought a used pickup that turned out to have been in a flood. Several body panels like the doors started rusting from the inside, apparently the flood water got into the insides of them where the primer was thin or nonexistent. Also, the thing had some highly amusing (for someone who isn't the poor sap who owns it) electrical gremlins such as the digital dash randomly coming up in metric or not at all, windshield wipers with a mind of their own, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts