Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time to get some new tires. I've been researching them for a few weeks now but need to make a decision. I dont think I want to go with replacement 710s. Ill be driving to Florida in 2 weeks. Recommend some options, if you have used them personally.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had Goodyear Assurance TripleTreds on a previous car. I loved them. Incredible in all kinds of weather. Just amazing tires. I also got over 100,000 miles out of them with regular rotations. Not cheap though, but good stuff never is.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
692 Posts
I had Bridgestone Turanza Serenity's and loved them, but no snow down here (which I hear they are not good in), my replacements for the Firestones this time will be the Pirelli P7's. Have great reviews on Tire Rack, and exactly what I'm looking for with a good ride and quietness.

BTW, it really depends on what you are looking for, quietness, ride, lower rolling resistance, handling, etc. No tire is great in every aspect.
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I've had Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires on my Mazda P5 for three winters now (about 20,000 miles). They are 195/50x16s and have been really good in all three conditions (dry, wet, snow). They are pretty quiet (Mazdas don't have much sound deadening). Can't really say they ride soft as the P5 has the same suspension as a Mazdaspeed, i.e. STIFF. They still show the snow indicator so I expect they will perform the same next winter. When the OEM tires go on the Civic, I'll likely replace them with a set of DWS tires also.

·
Administrator
25,100 Posts
I just put Perelli Centuranto P7s on my son's LS. I drive these same tires on my ECO MT. Low rolling resistance and good traction.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have Pirelli Centuranto P7s on my Grand Prix. Good all around tires with good traction and pretty quiet.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
I just put Perelli Centuranto P7s on my son's LS. I drive these same tires on my ECO MT. Low rolling resistance and good traction.
I also put those on my wife's Civic last year and she is loving them. About 4000 miles ago I got some General Altimax RT43's for the Eco and except for a 2-3 mpg hit the handling is amazing!

·
Registered
86 Posts
cooper CS4 touring were really good on my previous car. I currently run michelin pilot sport a/s tires but in 18inch size. tirerack.com has great user reviews on tires. i would just steer clear of anything that sounds cheap (sunny tires)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I've had Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires on my Mazda P5 for three winters now (about 20,000 miles). They are 195/50x16s and have been really good in all three conditions (dry, wet, snow). They are pretty quiet (Mazdas don't have much sound deadening). Can't really say they ride soft as the P5 has the same suspension as a Mazdaspeed, i.e. STIFF. They still show the snow indicator so I expect they will perform the same next winter. When the OEM tires go on the Civic, I'll likely replace them with a set of DWS tires also.
X2 on these.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm leaning towards the Michelin Premier A/S's. NTB can get me them for $124 a piece so im looking at roughly ~$600 out the door. Thoughts?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Just ordered a set of Pirelli P Zero's off tire rack on a closeout sale for like 120 ea. 225/45-18

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got these for $120 a piece. I've ordered from tirerack before (33" Destination MTs) but with the wedding next weekend and immediately leaving for FL I didn't have time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts