Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

What will they sell in late 2015 - 2016?

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Merc6 
#1 ·
If the 2016 Cruze won't be available until early 2016 what will Chevy sell from late 2015 - early 2016?

#3 · (Edited)
Cruze Limiteds?

Maybe they'll take a page from Honda. When new models come out, Honda will not release them to the dealer until the dealer sells down the current MY inventory to a predetermined level for that model. The new cars are held at the distribution centers until the dealership meets the count. If the last 2015s have been built then they are probably 6 weeks away from the distribution centers. I know that's not next year, but I also don't know what inventories are for the current Cruze. Given the TV ads here, I'd say they are high, more than 6 weeks worth.

Reactions: Patman and obermd
#4 ·
I didn't start seeing a significant number of 2015s around Denver until a couple of months ago.

#10 ·
Dealers around here are super loaded with pickups, SUV's, and vans, difficult to even find a so-called passenger type automobile. Maybe I should try a larger city. These are so-called domestic dealerships.

Venturing further, with so-called foreign dealerships, loaded with passenger cars, offering 3% interest or 50 cents cash back. Take your choice.

#12 ·
Just bought a 2015 and very excited. I loved my ice blue 2011 1LT (and still do) but after 4 years I wanted to get back to all that nice new car warranty. Currently there's a zero % finance offer at the dealership so I'm now awaiting my new Red Hot 2LT. Sadly no more Ice Blue but I've made up for that small disappointment by treating myself to some nice high spec stuff and the sunroof i regretted not getting last time. If this car is anywhere near as great (and reliable) as the previous I'll be happy.

#13 ·
When I asked at the launch, they said the 2016 will begin production in Q1 2016, and will be available sometime shortly after that (before Q2). That's the best they could tell me at this time.

#15 ·
I seen 15's (Mostly LTZ or 2LT) for quite some time as rentals mostly until spring time. Last winter this 15 2LT RS rental found out how the tires aren't that snow friendly. (This same turn I'm in they spun out. Tire tracks from it are behind me)

From behind I can spot the antenna base of a 2015, and the difference between a 11-and 12. Passengers tend to get annoyed if I see more than 4 Cruze on the way somewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.