Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what others are using on there Cruze and how they handle and your opinion, I just received mine, yet to put them on but it's still well over 8 Celsius.
Got a set of kuhmo wintercraft WI31 new for kuhmo so have to see how they go. My girlfriend has Toyo gsi3 not studded on her Cruze and she's had no complaints and good snow traction, low noise for snow tires.

Ive had mixed reviews with some of the top tier winters, my old civic with xice 3 did terrible in just about all conditions except dry and wet while my dad Rogue with the same does fine.

Thanks for the input could help someone else make an educated choice based specifically on how winter tires do on other Cruzes.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Nokian hakkapeliitta R2. Third winter. Wouldn't use any other non-studded tire.

If I was allowed studs in my jurisdiction I would be using hakkapeliitta 7 or 8.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I just put a set of Michelin X ice Xi3. So far, I love them. Nice a quiet, seem to have good traction, and the fuel mileage hasn't taken a hit.

·
Super Moderator
5,171 Posts
Haven't tried any snow tires yet, at least this year we have record breaking temps. supposed to be 70 today and not much snow since I bought my Cruze in the last 2 years.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Xi3's. Will never ever buy them again. I do like blizzaks though and have had great luck with cooper weathermaster st/2's.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Ive had mixed reviews with some of the top tier winters, my old civic with xice 3 did terrible in just about all conditions except dry and wet while my dad Rogue with the same does fine. s.
This, Xi3's suck

·
Registered
4 Posts
last year, i had michelin pilot alpin that the dealer gave me when i bought the car, worst **** i ever had on a car, this year it's going to be a try with Nokian Hakkappelitta R2 since i used to have blizzak on my older cars..

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
I almost bought those, look like Sailun wsl2? My parts manager talked me out of it but everything I've read said they should have been good.
Nope, good try at a guess though.

They are Winter Claw Sport SXi. I'm giving them a try, instead of the cheap Wally World tires with the old blocky tread I've gotten in the past. They were always good in the deep snow, which is all I really needed, but their prices were up this year so I shopped around.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Have a set of Xi3 215/65/16 on steel wheels for my diesel cruze. They handled last year's snow, ice and low-low temps just fine. This year I was chasing a wheel balance problem that just wouldn't go away. Finally gave up and installed a set of Conti WinterContact Si 215/55/17 on the stock cast rims just last week. They are smooth and quiet. Can't say anything else because the weather is so warm all we have is rain.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Have a set of Xi3 215/65/16 on steel wheels for my diesel cruze. They handled last year's snow, ice and low-low temps just fine. This year I was chasing a wheel balance problem that just wouldn't go away. Finally gave up and installed a set of Conti WinterContact Si 215/55/17 on the stock cast rims just last week. They are smooth and quiet. Can't say anything else because the weather is so warm all we have is rain.
Did you seek out a gsp9700 and a technician qualified to use it?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Nokian Hakkas stud less!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not sure how anyone can say the XI3s suck...I'm picky about tires, and look for very subtle differences, and I think they work exactly as they should. They aren't the BEST in deep snow, but they are very good in ice and a few inches of snow, while still driving well on dry pavement. I've got 2 winters on mine now. I waited to put them on this year, since it was so warm. I got caught in a snow storm with my OE Fuel Maxes. Came home, and swapped tires, and went back out, for a direct comparison. Absolutely unbelievable difference. When I have the Michelin's on, I can't ebrake the car sideways in the snow...The rear tires have too much lateral grip.

I've also driven a Cruze on Blizzak WS80s. They are better in deep snow, are louder, and don't handle as well on dry pavement. Very impressed with these ones also.

My top 3 choices last year were:

Blizzak WS80
Mich XI3
Nokian Hakka R2

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.