Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I want a HID HID foglight kit for see larger in night driving (I live in moose region).

In canada the dealer charge me 400$ for install fog light... I think i can have all the piece for 200-300$.

what tool I need to install this and where I can buy all the stuff?

also for night driving whats color is the best: white or yellow?

·
Premium Member
3,172 Posts
Well yellow is mainly for foggy situations and websites don't recommend yellow because it doesn't give much light out on the road. And I know that there are some websites out there for hid fogs. Have you tried using eBay yet or looked around on google maybe? I can't think of a website off the top of my head right now. Or you can just buy a pair of fog lights and put in a brighter bulb. You can find them at ijdmtoy or on carid, or other websites.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
906 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im from canada, can I have my fog light always on when the high beam is on also?

so, 100$ for the fog light, 160$ for the HID, whats more I need?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
im from canada, can I have my fog light always on when the high beam is on also?

so, 100$ for the fog light, 160$ for the HID, whats more I need?
its a provincial issue, check your regulations.

fog lights are for fog, hids are too bright, youll blind yourself.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Fog lights are for low-speed driving in fog. For spotting moose, you need distance vision. First, replace the factory H13 bulbs with regular H13 bulbs, not any blue-tinted bulbs! Second, upgrade the headlight harness. Should be doable for $75-80, even in Canada. Third, raise the aim by 1 full turn of the adjuster wheel (turn your 8mm wrench to the left as you are standing in front of the car). Between all that, you should spend about $120 or so, and have much better results than putting HID's into foglights.

Harness: http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/57-how-library/5767-how-upgrade-your-headlight-wiring-harness.html

Bulbs: Amazon.com: Philips H13 9008 X-treme Power Headlight Bulb, Pack of 2: Automotive

Prices may be higher in Canada.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts