Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Oh dang, thats a sweet deal. I got 3 months free with my car haha
I don't know who told you 3 months but I got told 5 years was complimentary for everyone. It used to be a year I think it was.
I don't remember if it was Onstar or Chevrolet that told me. I think it was Onstar as I was inquiring about the built in wifi which att supplies the service.

·
Registered
835 Posts
No cool features and onstar is not needed.

Chevrolet provides 5 years complimentary

I'm not subscribed to anything on the car.
5 years to the first owner. That leaves and you only get 3 months as a second owner like me. Also I'm not paying for onstar just to use remote start on an app when I have it built into my key fob lol

·
Registered
835 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
5 years to the first owner. That leaves and you only get 3 months as a second owner like me. Also I'm not paying for onstar just to use remote start on an app when I have it built into my key fob lol
37 years driving and I've never used remote start anyways. No big deal to me. And personally. I don't see the need to lower my economy unless I lived in the dakotas.

I fire up my car. Wait till the idle drops to normal and drive. By that time the oil is already warming up.

You young bucks that love todays technology. Would probably die if you had to deal with NO technology for 100 years.

Remote start, hid headlights, heated seats.

My first few cars were carbureted and didn't even have ac. Gas still contained lead. The ignition system was a distributor with points and condensor.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Lol I'm not throwing a kid into a car that's 15°. I'll look out the window and press the button and warm it up

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,867 Posts
41 is printed in the manual too ;)

Seems a bit high to me, and I forget about it every dang winter and wonder why my car's still running at a stop.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Lol I'm not throwing a kid into a car that's 15°. I'll look out the window and press the button and warm it up
When I was a kid, my dad had a 1968 Olds 88 with the Rocket 455 under the hood. Besides a hot lamp on the instrument cluster, there was a cold lamp as well.

On those cold winter mornings in the Ohio Valley, I can remember waiting for that cold light to go out, 'cause we knew at that moment, we could crank the heat and get warm air out of the vents instead of cold :)

Of course, by then, we had arrived at the school, and it was time to get out of the car and back into the cold :(

Doug

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had read earlier on this site that Autostart is active to 14F but in my experience this winter, it isn't auto-stopping very much when temps are in the 20's or lower. I know the engine has to be warmed up etc but even on some 40 mile drives I've had times when I come to a nice firm stop and for whatever reason it just doesn't stop and that seems more frequent when temps are low.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Oh man, this is infuriating. So that means someone else owned my "new" car before I got it? Or is my dealer just being typically shitty and/or not knowledgable about the product they sell?

My blood pressure is raising just thinking about having to deal with teh phone calls and aggrivation of fighting them on this but I'd do it to get back Sirius and emergency calling.

·
Registered
2018 Cruze Hatchback RS Premier
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Oh man, this is infuriating. So that means someone else owned my "new" car before I got it? Or is my dealer just being typically shitty and/or not knowledgable about the product they sell?

My blood pressure is raising just thinking about having to deal with teh phone calls and aggrivation of fighting them on this but I'd do it to get back Sirius and emergency calling.
No, you guys have it all wrong. In 2016 (and maybe 2017) they had the program where you could get the app for free for 5 years (or life I thought). But shortly thereafter, they learned they could make money off the app and required a subscription and only gave it to you for a promotional period of 3 months. I had a 2016 with the lifetime but now I have a 2018 with no more app...It is what it is...

·
Registered
835 Posts
Well my system was reading 40 today and it still worked ?‍♂

·
Registered
538 Posts
No, you guys have it all wrong. In 2016 (and maybe 2017) they had the program where you could get the app for free for 5 years (or life I thought). But shortly thereafter, they learned they could make money off the app and required a subscription and only gave it to you for a promotional period of 3 months. I had a 2016 with the lifetime but now I have a 2018 with no more app...It is what it is...
Ahh ok cool cool.

Thanks for reassuring me haha ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't know who told you 3 months but I got told 5 years was complimentary for everyone. It used to be a year I think it was.
I don't remember if it was Onstar or Chevrolet that told me. I think it was Onstar as I was inquiring about the built in wifi which att supplies the service.
Same here mines is active until 2029

·
Registered
12 Posts
My AutoStop completely stopped working on its own a few months ago. Anyone else have that problem? I bought my Gen2 in 2016 when it first came out

21 - 35 of 35 Posts