Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I post regularly on a number of forums and had been an avid CruzeTalk forum member. I quit posting as frequently as I had at first because my posts often take triple the time they should because of a strange malady... When I type a post, it's as if the cursor is in slow motion and the keys I press don't always create a character in the message block. Not only that the words I use often are underlined as if they're spelled wrong. Is there a setting or something awry in my computer. This is the only forum this problem occurs.

·
Super Moderator
4,954 Posts
What browser are you using? IE or what? When I use my outdated version of IE I will sometimes get errors but no problems with Firefox.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What browser are you using? IE or what? When I use my outdated version of IE I will sometimes get errors but no problems with Firefox.
Thanks for your reply. I am using IE 11. You're right...I installed Firefox and it doesn't do that. However, loading Firefox loaded my computer with several totally unwanted programs that ruined my browsing experience. I uninstalled it.

Just typing this reply, I have had to re-type at least 70% of the words...very frustrating.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Firefox should not install anything but the browser if you get it from a legitimate source(official website). I would recommend using google chrome, I never have a problem at all with any of the websites I visit. Have not used Internet Explorer since 2003-2005 or so, have been using Linux Mint with Chrome browser as my main internet PC for 2 years.

Firefox
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Chrome(under downloads drop down menu)
Chrome

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Firefox should not install anything but the browser if you get it from a legitimate source(official website). I would recommend using google chrome, I never have a problem at all with any of the websites I visit. Have not used Internet Explorer since 2003-2005 or so, have been using Linux Mint with Chrome browser as my main internet PC for 2 years.

Firefox
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Chrome(under downloads drop down menu)
Chrome
I 100% agree with you, Firefox should not have added anything when downloaded and installed, but my search on the problems I was having and the fixes recommended totally eliminated my problems. Firefox???...never again!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,561 Posts
Yeah, I have issues with IE11 in it too, even in compatibility view mode on CT.

I'd suggest using a different browser - IE is just frustrating.

·
Administrator
25,096 Posts
Download FF from www.firefox.com. It doesn't add crapware when downloaded from their home page. If you have to use IE add www.cruzetalk.com to your compatibility list. If you're using Windows 10 give Spartan (Edge) a shot. It seems to work as well.

·
Registered
574 Posts

Every time I have to type something here I have to open upMS word. This is the only car forum out of many I belong to this is a problem.Yes it sucks but LLL

PS like obermd said this worked for months then a few monthsago it acted up again. When I cut & paste this website puts word togethertoo now LOL �� ���� ��

·
Administrator
25,096 Posts
IE 11 on Windows 10 Build 10162 appears to be working properly. Image test:

Unable to embed image. Typin g fter rs lie is imposibe.

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,096 Posts
I did the test above with IE 11 (non-compatibility mode). Windows 10 Build 10162.

·
Administrator
25,096 Posts
This is MS Edge (Spartan). Image upload test:

~

Image embed doesn't work. Typing is fine however.

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,096 Posts
Eddy,

One of the moderators deleted that post. I don't remember which one.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I post regularly on a number of forums and had been an avid CruzeTalk forum member. I quit posting as frequently as I had at first because my posts often take triple the time they should because of a strange malady... When I type a post, it's as if the cursor is in slow motion and the keys I press don't always create a character in the message block. Not only that the words I use often are underlined as if they're spelled wrong. Is there a setting or something awry in my computer. This is the only forum this problem occurs.
1. What is your connection and speed to the internet? What OS & version? How much memory?
2. If your problem is unique to this web site and this web site only, then there may be something to that.
3. If you try to post on any other AutoGuide web site (and I do), do you have the same issue?
4. I am very suspect of served advertisements, tracking cookies, and third party pixel elements that web sites use to generate revenue streams. For example, I'm using FF v39.0 with AdBlockPlus and Ghostery as I type this. I'm having no issues like you describe (actually no issues of any kind). AdBlockPlus has prevented all advertisements from displaying and Ghostery is blocking 17 trackers and loggers. Ghostery does not work with IE11, unless something has changed recently.
My point is that I have no problems on CruzeTalk, nor any other AutoGuide web site, nor any other web site I visit and post on. The advertisements, trackers, etc. steal cycles from your browser and if there are enough of them, can really slow things down. Enough to possibly see what you do. Some of these can actually hijack your browser and cause more performance issues as well as damage. Determining what is doing this to your system when you are on CruzeTalk is pretty detailed and probably drawn out. Again, is this the only web site that you have posting issues with?

·
Administrator
25,096 Posts
Jim,

CruzeTalk.com is the only site where I cannot use IE. The WYSIWIG editor on CruzeTalk flat out doesn't work with IE unless you have compatibility mode on. Even with compatibility mode it's only partially operable and doesn't allow image embedding. Regardless of compatibility mode the moderator tools don't work in IE. Thus I use Firefox and only on CruzeTalk.

I'm active on other sites such as LinkedIn, Spiceworks, and DouglasCountyLibraries.org and I use IE for all of these. I don't run any sort of ad blocking software other than what's native in these browsers.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Ober: Do you have the same problem on any other AutoGuide (vBulletin) sites with IE?

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
just trying this in IE11 with no addons and compatibility mode on. Had no keystroking issues with the original post.

Posted this edit with skipped keys and some delays, just like the OP states. Had no issue with the original post, though.

OK, just posted a thread on 9thgencivic.com forum (an AutoGuide forum) using IE11 and had no keystroking issues like you see here. So it appears to be something unique to CruzeTalk.com. Both sites are vBulletin driven, but I don't know if they are different versions. Never looked at this before since FF doesn't have the issues.

Just went back to the civic forum and edited the post I opened. The edit had the same keystroking issues of skipping keystrokes and delays in responding to keystrokes. Guess it's something common to AutoGuide (vBulletin) code and IE. Posted this with FF and no issues.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts