Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 40040 mi. CEL code P11D7 (nox sensor) I cleared the code. 46488 mi. same code I cleared it again. 48129 same again. 49430 same code. Dealer replaced sensor (under warranty). The next day CEL back again same code. Returned to dealer. Dealer replaced injector pump. Dealer called me and said engine won't run, starts and stalls. Dealer replaced fuel rail. Dealer found code P2453-00 (differential pressure sensor bad, replaced). Dealer reported EGR valve stuck open. Dealer said I need to replace fuel filter (DIC said 35% remaining) done at cost of $170.00. The car was at the dealers 2 weeks and 3 days. It's now one week later and the CEL is back on code P11D7. The dealer is not sure when he can look at again (he will call me). I have to drive over a thousand miles in the next 6 days. He thinks it should be ok to drive.
During the last month the regens. have been about every 110 miles instead of the normal 400 to 1000mi.
My thought is that something is causing excessive soot dirtying the sensors and loading up the DPF.
Any thoughts? I have considered taking it to another dealer.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
I have had P11D7 quite a few times in my early ownership experience. One nox sensor was replaced - and the final fix was the discovery of bolts broken at the exhaust pipe to the SCR catalyst.

Dealer thought that ice broke them. But now we see many CTDs have the same fault.

Once those bolts were replaced I never had another check engine light. I'm currently at 49,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
My bolts were changed when my P11D7 code was fixed by changing the NOx2 sensor. So they must've caught on.

Reactions: Barefeet

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
At 40040 mi. CEL code P11D7 (nox sensor) I cleared the code. 46488 mi. same code I cleared it again. 48129 same again. 49430 same code. Dealer replaced sensor (under warranty). The next day CEL back again same code. Returned to dealer. Dealer replaced injector pump. Dealer called me and said engine won't run, starts and stalls. Dealer replaced fuel rail. Dealer found code P2453-00 (differential pressure sensor bad, replaced). Dealer reported EGR valve stuck open. Dealer said I need to replace fuel filter (DIC said 35% remaining) done at cost of $170.00. The car was at the dealers 2 weeks and 3 days. It's now one week later and the CEL is back on code P11D7. The dealer is not sure when he can look at again (he will call me). I have to drive over a thousand miles in the next 6 days. He thinks it should be ok to drive.
During the last month the regens. have been about every 110 miles instead of the normal 400 to 1000mi.
My thought is that something is causing excessive soot dirtying the sensors and loading up the DPF.
Any thoughts? I have considered taking it to another dealer.
What does "not sure when I can look at it again" mean, exactly? Shouldn't he have a schedule in front of him?

I think the suggestion to take a look at the exhaust bolts is a good one. I am also wondering if reprogramming the fuel trims might help the issue.

Reactions: Barefeet

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I think a PM to our Chevy Customer Care account is in order. It sounds like your dealer is shooting in the dark and really needs to be told to call GM TAC for assistance.

·
Registered
314 Posts
So they threw a bunch of random parts at it, charged you almost 200 dollars for a filter that takes 5 minutes to replace, got sick of messing with it, and gave it back and said that they don't know when they can look at it again?

Basically they don't know what's wrong with it and don't feel like messing with it.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
So they threw a bunch of random parts at it, charged you almost 200 dollars for a filter that takes 5 minutes to replace, got sick of messing with it, and gave it back and said that they don't know when they can look at it again?
dealer pricing for parts and min charge for labor...it adds up.

justin13703 said:
Basically they don't know what's wrong with it and don't feel like messing with it.
yep

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys are all right! The flanges are corroded and one bolt is broken off. How can the mechanic keep replacing the nox sensor and not even see the missing bolt less than two feet away? Auto part

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
You guys are all right! The flanges are corroded and one bolt is broken off. How can the mechanic keep replacing the nox sensor and not even see the missing bolt less than two feet away? View attachment 199761
You definitely need to find a new dealership. Yours is obviously staffed by untrained monkeys.

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
for those of you who have had it broken. where do you live (salt states) and how long have you owned. i looked under and mine is not rusted but i live in florida

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
i know cars are "rustproofed" form factory but its not really proof just slows it down.. i dont see an issue for me soon but now ill keep an eye on it or replace them with grade 10 bolts and nuts now

·
Registered
165 Posts
Take it to the dealer, tell him I have all the time in the world for you to fix warranty work. Go to his manager an tell him you deserve a comparable car to drive while this is done. A real dealer will do this.

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
You guys are all right! The flanges are corroded and one bolt is broken off. How can the mechanic keep replacing the nox sensor and not even see the missing bolt less than two feet away? View attachment 199761
Normally I would recommend going to another dealer, however I would take that photo and show it ot the shop manager where you were taking your car.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Normally I would recommend going to another dealer, however I would take that photo and show it ot the shop manager where you were taking your car.
I talked to the SM showed him the picture. We talked about all the parts and labor over the last five weeks. When the mechanic replaced the NOX sensor he missed the broken bolt. After that they did not put the car back on the lift and just kept addressing new codes and following GM guidelines. He heard my complaints, gave me a new Malibu loaner and two hours later my car was repaired with stainless bolts. I'm satisfied.
Auto part Pipe

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I talked to the SM showed him the picture. We talked about all the parts and labor over the last five weeks. When the mechanic replaced the NOX sensor he missed the broken bolt. After that they did not put the car back on the lift and just kept addressing new codes and following GM guidelines. He heard my complaints, gave me a new Malibu loaner and two hours later my car was repaired with stainless bolts. I'm satisfied.
View attachment 199809
Can you post the part numbers for those bolts?

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Can you post the part numbers for those bolts?
There won't be a part number from GM.....GM would only show the numbers for the original studs/nuts.

Fasteners are likely coming from a general purpose nut and bolt bin that every repair shop keeps on hand.

Rob

·
Registered
254 Posts
View attachment 199809

Did they address or did the bolt repair resolve the frequent regen issue. I had the dealer do the ECM update ( fuel trim) and it made it worse. Getting regens with 80% highway speed use @ >65 MPH at less than 100 miles per Regen. GM Customer Care tells me : Just take it back to dealer (again) for issue. Frustrating to say the least. By the way, no bolt issue here as car is 7 months old and only 6 K miles.

Going back to dealer today and will see what happens. I am currently parked at frustration station.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts