Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just browsing ads for Cruze diesels out of curiosity and came across this one. One thing jumped out at me and isn't mentioned anywhere in the text. You'd think they would address it before posting the ad!

https://capecod.craigslist.org/ctd/5744491729.html

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,913 Posts
Oh man...that's good. Must be low on DEF, since there is no light, and it's a large mileage until the limit.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
That's a third party used car dealer - probably doesn't know about refilling the DEF. That 152 miles until speed is limited is going to kill his chances of selling the car.

·
Premium Member
5,913 Posts
Also: The title lists it as "Fast".

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
5,913 Posts
Reminds me of the typical CL ad: "V6 Camero. Very fast".

·
Registered
254 Posts
Also: The title lists it as "Fast".
Mine is fast, just not quick!!*

*that is when there's DEF in the tank ;)

Reactions: obermd

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
That's funny, I would have guessed it would trip the CEL, maybe after the 152 miles....Looks like a decent car. Probably changed the oil and put the wrong oil in as well if they are this sloppy.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's funny, I would have guessed it would trip the CEL, maybe after the 152 miles....Looks like a decent car. Probably changed the oil and put the wrong oil in as well if they are this sloppy.
And then they would probably get defensive if you asked them what oil they used.

·
Premium Member
5,913 Posts
And then they would probably get defensive if you asked them what oil they used.
"They put that in from the factory"

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Probably would get defensive. I don't think buying a CTD used from this sort of place would be a good idea. It sucks because someone buys a car like this and could have a really bad experience and then just not really know why and then thinks it is because it is a diesel vs not being serviced properly. I think a gas car is a little more forgiving in that regard.

·
Registered
38 Posts
That cracked me up haha.. on a side note.. I'm new to the Cruze Diesel.. I have a 2014.. I need to buy a DEF bottle and some DEF any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
  • Transparent with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our operation
  • Efficient with respect to our customers time

also the CC button is melted...

·
Premium Member
5,913 Posts
That cracked me up haha.. on a side note.. I'm new to the Cruze Diesel.. I have a 2014.. I need to buy a DEF bottle and some DEF any recommendations?
To be legally sold as "DEF" in the US, it needs to meet a certain criteria - so when it comes to which brand, as long as it's branded as "DEF" (and not Urea Fluid, or something like that), and is API certified (which usually comes with the DEF title), you're good to use whatever.

I buy the Supertech stuff at WalMart (the only thing I buy at WalMart, really) for about $8 (for 2.5 gallons).

• also the CC button is melted...
How in the ****...poor car.

Reactions: pandrad61

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah I noticed that someone put out their cigarette on the Cruise control button too...

Honestly, I bought my CTD from a Chevy dealer who had serviced it since new, and I think they had no idea wtf they were doing... so I DEFINITELY wouldn't buy from a third party dealer...

Scratch that... I won't buy anything from a third party dealer... I did once and got screwed on an F-250 Diesel.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Probably would get defensive. I don't think buying a CTD used from this sort of place would be a good idea. It sucks because someone buys a car like this and could have a really bad experience and then just not really know why and then thinks it is because it is a diesel vs not being serviced properly. I think a gas car is a little more forgiving in that regard.
We have a few people on the forum who bought used diesels - with problems. It is a complete unknown what happened to the cars before they were purchased.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh brother - Hopefully no one will put diesel in DEF tank. Wondering how many burns on leather driver seat. Funny about melted CC.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.