Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

What's wrong with this picture....

Tags
picture wrong
3K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  joshuab 
#1 ·
Was just browsing ads for Cruze diesels out of curiosity and came across this one. One thing jumped out at me and isn't mentioned anywhere in the text. You'd think they would address it before posting the ad!

https://capecod.craigslist.org/ctd/5744491729.html

#2 ·
Oh man...that's good. Must be low on DEF, since there is no light, and it's a large mileage until the limit.

#3 ·
That's a third party used car dealer - probably doesn't know about refilling the DEF. That 152 miles until speed is limited is going to kill his chances of selling the car.

#4 ·
Also: The title lists it as "Fast".

#5 ·
65 MPH is fast! lol

#7 ·
Reminds me of the typical CL ad: "V6 Camero. Very fast".

#9 ·
That's funny, I would have guessed it would trip the CEL, maybe after the 152 miles....Looks like a decent car. Probably changed the oil and put the wrong oil in as well if they are this sloppy.

Reactions: obermd
#11 ·
And then they would probably get defensive if you asked them what oil they used.

#16 ·
To be legally sold as "DEF" in the US, it needs to meet a certain criteria - so when it comes to which brand, as long as it's branded as "DEF" (and not Urea Fluid, or something like that), and is API certified (which usually comes with the DEF title), you're good to use whatever.

I buy the Supertech stuff at WalMart (the only thing I buy at WalMart, really) for about $8 (for 2.5 gallons).

• also the CC button is melted...
How in the ****...poor car.

Reactions: pandrad61
#17 ·
Yeah I noticed that someone put out their cigarette on the Cruise control button too...

Honestly, I bought my CTD from a Chevy dealer who had serviced it since new, and I think they had no idea wtf they were doing... so I DEFINITELY wouldn't buy from a third party dealer...

Scratch that... I won't buy anything from a third party dealer... I did once and got screwed on an F-250 Diesel.

#20 ·
Oh brother - Hopefully no one will put diesel in DEF tank. Wondering how many burns on leather driver seat. Funny about melted CC.

#21 ·
That happened to someone on this forum before. Fortunately the car wasn't started and damage was minimal.

Reactions: outdoorjr
#23 ·
Welcome to the forum, Great place to learn. It where I get a lot of information. There is an emission problem that is going to lead to the car going into reduced power in 152 miles. Most likely, the DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) is empty.

#24 ·
That's my best guess too. Easily remedied by topping off the fluid. It's government mandated so people are forced to add the fluid. Now that I think about it, I wonder if any of the recent VW TDI's ever displayed this message.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.