Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty sure others will have a higher distance to empty..

IMG_5946[1].jpg

·
Administrator
25,121 Posts
My best was
Trip 8 of 27

Estimated Range Left: 656 miles
Driven: 236.9 miles
Estimated Total Range: 893 miles
Range buffer: 93 miles / 1.9 gallons
MPG: 53.2

Still no movement in the gas needle. I'm going to stop guessing what the estimated range will do or when the gas gauge needle will start to move.

View attachment 30553 View attachment 30561
Note I had already driven over 200 miles on the tank at this point.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,020 Posts
lol no, I think I was going up a hill
26 mpg ??

did you fill your tires with potatoes?
That kind of mileage looks familiar. It's what I see when I'm fighting a 40 mph headwind, which happens pretty often out here in Iowa. It drives me crazy when I look down and think that I could be using half as much fuel if it wasn't for the wind. And it seems like it's always against me - I drive the whole trip with a headwind and right when I start on my way home, the wind is gone just when it could have helped me; or I drive the trip one way in calm winds and the headwind shows up to fight me on the way home.

·
Administrator
25,121 Posts
That kind of mileage looks familiar. It's what I see when I'm fighting a 40 mph headwind, which happens pretty often out here in Iowa. It drives me crazy when I look down and think that I could be using half as much fuel if it wasn't for the wind. And it seems like it's always against me - I drive the whole trip with a headwind and right when I start on my way home, the wind is gone just when it could have helped me; or I drive the trip one way in calm winds and the headwind shows up to fight me on the way home.
Uphill both ways into the wind, eh? :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
How do you guys get that type of mpg? I get about 24-25 mpg in the city driving careful. Or do you guys drive mostly highway? I have a 1.4l turbo.

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,020 Posts
How do you guys get that type of mpg? I get about 24-25 mpg in the city driving careful. Or do you guys drive mostly highway? I have a 1.4l turbo.
Lots of highway miles, but this thread is also in the Diesel section, so that makes a big difference. My Diesel usually stays at or above 35 mpg, even in the city.

·
Administrator
25,121 Posts
This is the Diesel section, but I maintain 33-35 MPG worst case in the city in my ECO MT. The ECO MT and CTD are both underrated for city and highway MPG. The LS, LT, ECO AT, and LTZ all appear to be rated right about where they should be for most drivers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts