Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Does 235/55! R17 fits for chevrolet cruze 2011 LS? I bought it with 235/45 r17.

·
Super Moderator
5,103 Posts
I am not sure of the size conversion, but I would definitely have the speedo checked. Seems like an odd size esp since the Eco uses a 215 55/17

·
Registered
692 Posts
Clearance would probably be an issue, that is a substantial height difference. You would have to go down to a 205 width with a 55 aspect ratio for it to fit more than likely

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
And what about 225/55 R17. I know that i would have speed difference but would it fit? I found that 225/50 R17 fits. And i translated some russian forums also find that 225/55 R17 fits fine. I prefer 225/55 R17 than 225/50 R17 because it cost 40% cheaper in my country.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, tires and spark plugs mix English with Metric measurements, so need to convert one or the other.

Tire Tech Information - Calculating Approximate Tire Dimensions

Gives you all the information you need, may learn there is not enough difference in the diameter of the tire from different wheel diameters. But if driving in ice and snow, sure want a wider tire, more traction.

The also point out that different manufacturers have different dimensions, sure found this to be true so bring my tape measure with me. Even have problems today buying a pair of shoes, can be anywhere between a 9 1/2 to a 12, have to try them on first. Use to have standards for measurement, add this to your history book.

Purchased store brand tires back in the early 80's was 2,000 miles away from home, had to pour a lot of change into a payphone to call them and what to do. Was a defect in materials, told me where to go for a replacement tire, same exact size as the one was in there. But when I got home was an inch smaller in diameter and torn up the clutch plates in my limited slip differential. Could not fight this as much as I tried, considered consequential damage, but did give me correct tire for free.

Wasn't too bad to replace those burnt up clutch plates, parts were cheap back then and about a three hour job, this sure changed today. But will never buy store brand tires again. Ha, no problems with your Cruze, goodbye to limited slip, hello to traction control. Another really bad joke played on us. Darn near wrecked my new Cruze when it killed the engine, had to read the owners manual how to switch it off. Would have never guessed nine seconds.

Around here, state law, will only replace tires that match that label inside your door jam. So buying the car with the tires you want is imperative. But can do this just by bringing the wheels in and replacing them in the privacy of your garage. If involve in an accident, your fault or not, may not even get coverage if they find the different sized tires on your vehicle. Make sure you check this out with your insurance company. Anything to avoid paying a claim.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts