Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just bought my Cruze LT about 8 months ago. Just wondering if I should switch my rims which are alloys to steels for the winter. I don't drive a lot and my all seasons are doing fine so far but my concern is wheel damage. They seem to be in great shape considering they are probly 3 years old as the car is a 2012. Would it be okay to leave them on year round and just rinse them once and a while? I also curbed them a few months back but just a small scrape which I will touch up . Any feedback would be great

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also I only plan on keeping the car for say 5-6 years so if the alloys will last that long that would be great

·
Registered
132 Posts
The winter conditions should not hurt your wheels at all. I have the same wheels on my LT and am not a bit concerned about winter hurting them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My 12 year old Monte Carlo Cast Aluminum wheels looked great when I traded it last year. Keep them clean, and you'll be fine. I'm in Eastern PA, so we have a hard winters, hot summers, so that helps you understand.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Fully painted wheels should do just fine for many many years. However wheels with any machining on the face or fully polished finishes will eventually corrode because of clear coat failure. Wheel manufacturers still have not solved the issue with a properly adhering clear coat to a bare aluminum surface.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts