Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had mine done at a local dealer last month. The total was around $1200. It included the usual timing belt stuff (timing belt, tensioner, pulleys , & water pump). I also had the cooling system flushed and transmission fluid changed.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I did mine around 110k. I was going too wait until 125 but had all the parts and had the time, so figured it would be silly not to do it. I used all Gm parts and changed all pulled, idlers, tensions, water pump and thermostat. Probably won't have to do it again. Old parts were in great shape.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I did mine around 110k. I was going too wait until 125 but had all the parts and had the time, so figured it would be silly not to do it. I used all Gm parts and changed all pulled, idlers, tensions, water pump and thermostat. Probably won't have to do it again. Old parts were in great shape.
from where did you buy your parts and for how much?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Rockauto had everything for mine except the OE water pump and a couple bolts which came from GMpartsnow.com

The Opel cam lock tool came from eBay

·
Registered
352 Posts
Rockauto had everything for mine except the OE water pump and a couple bolts which came from GMpartsnow.com

The Opel cam lock tool came from eBay
thanks. What's the cam lock tool part # from eBay?

·
Registered
279 Posts
from where did you buy your parts and for how much?
I got everything from Amazon. Looks like $328. All Gm. Timing belt, serpintine belt, water pump, both tensioners and idlers. I also replace my thermostat, which isn't included in that cost.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I replaced my first timing belt at 123k. When folded back it had some good cracks starting at the base of the ribs. I'm getting ready to hit 250k and will be doing the timing belt again soon.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Timing belt at just over 250k miles total 127k on timing belt and components. I'm including pic of tensioner pointer.
20210408_183703.jpg
20210408_183654.jpg
20210408_183226.jpg

Reactions: Tomko
41 - 49 of 49 Posts