Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do i need to get a tune along with it? or is that only the Injen CAI. Ive read a few threads stating that you only need to get a tune when purchasing an Injen, but i wanna make sure lol. Just ordered my K&N Typhoon sri for my 1.4 and cant wait!

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
The MAF will cut your fuel if you somehow change the diameter around the housing. Looking at the injen, it would thus need a tune for the MAF sensor. Which is illegal, but never once enforced.

The KN uses the stock MAF housing, so the MAF is mostly functional. Mostly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do i need to get a tune along with it? or is that only the Injen CAI. Ive read a few threads stating that you only need to get a tune when purchasing an Injen, but i wanna make sure lol. Just ordered my K&N Typhoon sri for my 1.4 and cant wait!
When I put my mpfab on in have no tune
No lights
Great low in

·
Registered
132 Posts
The MAF will cut your fuel if you somehow change the diameter around the housing. Looking at the injen, it would thus need a tune for the MAF sensor. Which is illegal, but never once enforced.

The KN uses the stock MAF housing, so the MAF is mostly functional. Mostly.
It's illegal to tune?

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
It's illegal to tune?
Ehhh sort of. Like I said never once enforced, and I'm sure the world would outrage if that ever changes. The general rule is that you, the vehicle owner, will be 100% fine buying a tune. The seller on the other hand, has to face the risk.

As for that MPFAB. They must be doing something right. I'm sure the MAF is still throwing a fit, but not enough to really harm anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it wont cause any idle problems or anything like that? Anything that will affect the car itself to cause running issues or driving issues?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's illegal to tune?
Ehhh sort of. Like I said never once enforced, and I'm sure the world would outrage if that ever changes. The general rule is that you, the vehicle owner, will be 100% fine buying a tune. The seller on the other hand, has to face the risk.

As for that MPFAB. They must be doing something right. I'm sure the MAF is still throwing a fit, but not enough to really harm anything.
Dang I know cops that have tuns on there f250s lol
Idk what mpfab has done to it but it no problems like you said maf probably going "where the heck is this air coming from "
Lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts