Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we press on the button to "lock" the doors, nothing happens tho it locks the doors and it horns ... whenever I go back to the car I can physically open the door without using the remote am scared someone might notice ang access into my chevy

please get back to me on [email protected]

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,150 Posts
When we press on the button to "lock" the doors, nothing happens tho it locks the doors and it horns ... whenever I go back to the car I can physically open the door without using the remote am scared someone might notice ang access into my chevy

please get back to me on [email protected]

thanks in advance
Make sure all the doors are closing properly and push the lock button twice to arm the alarm straight away. I don't know about other models but the alarm is standard on my CDX Holden Cruze diesel?

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Pressing what door button? The key lock on the driver's door lock can lock all the doors using the door lock motors in each door, but only unlocks the driver's side door.

Inserting the key in the ignition, starting the car and going about 3 mph locks all the doors. When stopping and removing the key, the doors unlock.

Then you have the the lock and unlock door switches on the dash. Those should work all the time for locking. But if you hit the unlock switch on the dash, come to a stop, and start moving again, the doors will automatically lock again. This is not programmable by the user.

If you manually push down the door lock buttons on all four doors, they should stay locked, even after closing the last door, driver's side door locks all four doors. If you are in the back seat, and lock with the child safety lockout engaged, you cannot get out of the rear door, have to try to crawl over the front seats with those high head restrains to get out.

Then you have the remote that should lock and unlock all four doors, which doors that unlock is user programmable, but the door lock feature cannot be disengaged. Provided the remote is not in the ignition switch.

Never seen such a complicated door locking and unlocking feature before this Cruze. What is common is four door locking and unlocking motors that have to be in good working order. A DC brush type motor that drives a rack with a pinion gear that has its polarity reversed to either lock or unlock. This is controlled by the body module computer that has its firmware stored in flashram. It fires either the lock or unlock relays in that fuse box under the hood. With all that constant door locking and unlocking, those relay contacts could be bad. Any of these problems could prevent you from locking your car.

Pushing all four door lock buttons down should lock your car manually. By feel, the driver's door key does manually release the that doors lock, by locking activates the automatic system.

When I think about door locks on the Cruze, my brain gets fried. Haven't tried disconnecting the battery yet, but feel I still could get in with the driver's outside lock.

When I leave my Cruze for even just a second, make sure the keys are in my pocket, system could go crazy and keep me locked out.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Oh, to troubleshoot this system, requires a generation three WiFi kind of box that feeds to a computer directly to the GM site that requires a special password that changes frequently. OBD II scanner doesn't work.

Want to make darn sure you go back to your dealer.

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
Maybe the OP has a 2LT with remote access option or a LTZ(Standard equipment). does the car have push button start(no key required)? thats a dead giveaway you have that option.

With that option your doors will unlock when you are within range of the car, not to worry if you walk away it locks automatically after a specified time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.