·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,655 Posts
@diesel

He hasn't been on since May 2nd...and he just won MOTM too.

Unfortunately, this was his most recent post (on April 18th): http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/64-g...-delete-race-tune-install-19.html#post2822642

diesel said:
You know, it seems as if my tenure here may need to draw to a conclusion. The people I have helped through the years have seemed to vanish and it's nothing but people who are all gung-ho about deleting and flame me every time I say anything against what they believe. God forbid I say anything against a delete. My car went 202K miles relatively trouble free, fully stock, and there are just one too many people on here who can't stand that fact. It's really getting old.

I am seriously considering taking a hiatus from moderating and from being on this forum. This has been building for a while and I think it may have just boiled over.

It does not seem like the reasons I chose to be very active on the forum for nearly 4 years are in place any more, and that all I needed to say, has been said.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
@diesel

He hasn't been on since May 2nd...and he just won MOTM too.

Unfortunately, this was his most recent post (on April 18th): http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/64-g...-delete-race-tune-install-19.html#post2822642
Well, I for one am forever grateful for members like Diesel who cared enough to share invaluable, detailed information/experiences about the CTD.

Being a former TDI owner I believe there are a lot of people like me out there who have already taken or will be taking the VW buyout $$$ and moving into CTD. Reading this forum, I've learned more about this car in 2 months than I did in 7 years of VW ownership.

So thank you to Diesel, JBlackburn, IndyDiesel, XtremeRevolution, MP81, Beaurrr, HarleyGTP, BrandoFisher117, Tomko, Gator, BradHerr, KpaxFAQ, Obermd and countless others. Those of you going to Lordstown, wishing you happy Cruzin' and good times for sure!

Dennis
Parker, AZ

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
If this site starts losing the experts, it is very bad for the site. I read his posts even though I may not have replied to many of them, I learned from him and others like him. These experts are one of the reason I am a member and do appreciate their advice. This site needs people like DIESEL. Otherwise, it's just another useless website.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If this site starts losing the experts, it is very bad for the site. I read his posts even though I may not have replied to many of them, I learned from him and others like him. These experts are one of the reason I am a member and do appreciate their advice. This site needs people like DIESEL. Otherwise, it's just another useless website.
Agreed!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
He and at least one other member have decided to part ways with Cruzetalk for at least the time being. They may return - we have had a few members over the years have left and then returned.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
I have to admit I spend most of my time on the Holden FB pages these days, but I still check in every so often. Diesel was always a good read.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yep, I don't understand the need for keyboard Ninjas to bash other people, or there beliefs. Especially in this setting. Its not like we are pushing politics over here int he D forum. **** you want to delete stuff from your car more power to you. You wan't to keep your car bone stock, and just drive it 200K miles and not have to monkey around. That is great too. The forum as whole will continue on but it is not as strong when experienced people decide to part ways.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Diesel is invaluable to the forum as a diesel guru. Thankfully he had very limited issues with his diesel, while some of us not so much.

When warranty won't cover emission problems, and deleting became a more economical decision, it was a no brainer for me. While I never debated with diesel on the topic, I hate he felt like we were just gung ho on deleting. It was just more economic for me, I couldn't deal with the costs, down time, etc... GM still doesn't have a fix for the nOX sensor issues. Honestly the car is absolutely 10 fold better without the emissions, and I can only hope that it will be more reliable as it should be without the devastation a dpf, egr, can cause to a diesel engine.

I do hope he returns.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Pretty sure that's exactly why he left... As per the quote given earlier in the thread... I posted here when I was having issues, he reached out and his advice was on point and helped me a lot,I appreciated that, I just decided to go a different route.

No harm no foul, however based on reading the above last post he made, it seems all the deleted guys bothered him.

Seems other than your love for Pirelli, which I used your advice when researching tires, your posts are very condescending. Your post confronting my post literally adds nothing valuable to this thread...

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I respect diesel but we're all adults here and it's no one's fault he left. If youre going to stand for any point of view you're going to get heat. It's part of life.

I hope he returns. He's always kinda been my yang when I get narrow sighted at times.

I know I took over a year off cause I was busy and frankly it got boring around here. The deleting brought back a shred of interest into the site again.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I hope diesel comes back, his knowledge and experience is valuable to the forum. He and I text on occasion. I wouldn't want to speak for him.

He put miles on very fast and had a perspective I respected. I am putting miles on my car for work, this week was about 1300. Yesterday about 675 and six cups of coffee.

From my perspective, I would prefer the diesel part of the forum to have its own section for delete, mods etc. I currently don't have an interest in that and just would not go there. When I had less confidence in my ctd I had some interest in delete, I really don't today. I couldn't be happier with my ctd and like it the way it is.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Diesel was always great, didn't notice his anti delete attitude. Hopefully he comes back. I can see from both sides Pro and Con Delete. The weak point in the design
is clearly the emissions and if you have no problems at all then thats awesome.
It would have been nice if GM would have made the system tougher, stronger and produce alot less soot.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
His issue was with the pro-delete folks basically telling him he was an idiot for promoting the no-delete viewpoint.

·
Registered
372 Posts
His issue was with the pro-delete folks basically telling him he was an idiot for promoting the no-delete viewpoint.
Well thats not right. Hes a smart guy. Im hoping there were some warnings. I thought there is a no personnel attacks rule.
His opinion is his opinion.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I agree. Illegal delete should have it's own section. IMHO.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts